Fiverr Desktop Notification Tone can be changeable?

sazzad0071

Question

Hey Fiverr Fan,

How are you all? I've got a little thing on my mind about our desktop notification sounds. When a buyer messages us, it's exciting, right? But sometimes, the sound feels a bit... not so sweet.

What do you think? Have you ever felt the notification tone could be nicer? Maybe it's too distracting?

I reckon it'd be cool if we could pick our own notification sounds. Something uplifting, you know? It could make chatting with clients even better!

What's your take on this? Do you think it's worth suggesting to Fiverr?

Let's chat and see what everyone thinks!

Cheers,
Mohammad Sazzad

• Like 4

8 answers to this question

Hi everyone,

I’m new to Fiverr and I’m really excited to start this journey. One thing I’ve noticed is that the desktop notification sound is quite jarring and unpleasant, even though I look forward to getting notifications. It can be quite distracting, and I was wondering if there’s any way to change or customize the notification sound to something more pleasant. I’d appreciate any tips or suggestions from more experienced users on how to handle this?

Thanks!

• Like 7

Congratulations on starting your Fiverr journey 😍!

Regarding the notification sound, I think Fiverr doesn't offer any built-in option to customize the notification sound, there are a few workarounds to help you achieve a more pleasant experience:

1. You can adjust your browser's notification settings to change the sound or disable it altogether. For example, in Google Chrome, go to Settings > Site Settings > Notifications, and toggle off the "Play sound" option.

2. Explore browser extensions like "Notification Sound Changer" (for Chrome) or "Custom Notification Sounds" (for Firefox), which allow you to customize or replace the default notification sound.

3. On Windows or macOS, you can adjust your system's notification sound settings. For Windows, go to Start > Settings > System > Notifications & actions, and select a different sound or disable the sound altogether. On macOS, go to System Preferences > Notifications, and adjust the sound settings.

I hope these suggestions help you find a more pleasant and productive experience on Fiverr!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, aimriser said:

Explore browser extensions like "Notification Sound Changer" (for Chrome) or "Custom Notification Sounds" (for Firefox), which allow you to customize or replace the default notification sound.

Doesn't Fiverr play their own .wav file for it? If so, surely it can't be changed - the "custom notification sounds" won't be what Fiverr uses on the site (there's no option for it in the settings page on the website version). The suggestion to turn it off with settings->notifications and disabling it there like you suggested in 1) is the only thing that can be done if the OP doesn't like the existing one.

Though the op could create a suggestion in the feedback section of the forum for different sounds that could be selected for it.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6

33 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Doesn't Fiverr play their own .wav file for it? If so, surely it can't be changed - the "custom notification sounds" won't be what Fiverr uses on the site (there's no option for it in the settings page on the website version). The suggestion to turn it off with settings->notifications and disabling it there like you suggested in 1) is the only thing that can be done if the OP doesn't like the existing one.

Though the op could create a suggestion in the feedback section of the forum for different sounds that could be selected for it.

please check here

image.png.29802a148a1132e66a60f66ebfb433da.png

• Like 5
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, desiree_va said:

To change the desktop notification sound on Fiverr, log in to your account, navigate to 'Settings' via your profile picture, go to the 'Notifications' tab, and customize your sound in the 'Sound Notifications' section.

Thanks to point out this option, but you still have to opt sound on or off.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, desiree_va said:

To change the desktop notification sound on Fiverr, log in to your account, navigate to 'Settings' via your profile picture, go to the 'Notifications' tab, and customize your sound in the 'Sound Notifications' section.

No , You are wrong. There is no option for selection a notification sound list. Build in option is only on and off

• Like 3