List of Copyright Infringement Keywords (These Will Flag and Remove Your Gig from Fiverr)

forchrissake

Well, I wish that I could give you this list in its entirety – and I wish Fiverr gave us this list – but instead they take down our gigs and give very little details on what actually flagged them. Oh, and then it seems like the blame is shifted onto us, like WE knew which keywords violate a copyright infringement in the internet.

So far, I have had a gig taken down that mentioned Amazon.

Just today, I had a gig taken down that mentioned “Twitter” and “Goodreads.” Any idea which word triggered the take down?

I’m going to email Fiverr and wait five days to find out.

I know Fiverr consistently claims, "We’re a new company, so we make mistakes."

These mistakes are almost inexcusable! Fiverr is (or should be) run by a team of tech experts that know how to work the system.

If we can’t put up gigs because of “copyright infringement,” which also seems a little wonky on its own, please let us know WHY and WHICH KEYWORDS WE CANNOT USE.

I find it funny that I can go on my own blog, post thousands of things about Amazon, Twitter, Goodreads, whatever, and I don’t get a copyright infringement notice. I am guessing these companies are just pissed that Fiverr is profiting at their expense.

Concluding – if ANYONE from Fiverr can give us a list of all the words that would violate copyrights (so we don’t do it in the first place and waste our time) OR if a user can give some words that got them in trouble, that would be great!

Thank you!!!

It’s not just the words. It’s the nature of the gigs. If you’re selling Amazon reviews, then it would be against the Terms of Service on the site. If you’re selling Twitter bot followers, then it’s against their Terms of Service. These are all against the Fiverr TOS.

I have a feeling that there are just certain default reasons sent out though, which leads to some confusion.

Here is my “PC” gig now" http://www.fiverr.com/s/5jzpti

I would have done this in the first place if there was a list somewhere!

http://www.fiverr.com/s/5jzpti//cdnec20.fiverrcdn.com/assets/v2_backgrounds/bg-homepage-welcome-voiceover-85e9bdff303ae429fa2707d9da7cb208.jpg

Fiverr: Graphics, marketing, fun, and more online services for $5

http://www.fiverr.com

Hello,

My first post on the fiverr boards! Yes, i just had the same thing happen to me today, with my “Amazon review” service being denied, which is too bad, cause it was my bread and butter Gig and was doing very well. After i saw that, I figured it would be best to be as vague as possible when listing service for other major websites. I have decided to test out just mentioning the companies i review in my pictures, seeing how that is a big it influences on customers.

It’s not the keyword list, it’s the nature of the gig. If you offer “Amazon Reviews” Fiverr is going to take you down because it’s against Amazon’s Terms of Service to pay others to review your work. Fiverr’s TOS states that if you violate another site’s TOS with your gig, it is a violation of Fiverr’s TOS. It’s a bit cyclical.

And being generic won’t necessarily save you. If one of your orders that you fulfill is on Amazon, you and your buyer have violated Amazon’s TOS. Which violates Fiverr’s TOS. So just based on you fulfilling that gig, you have violated Fiverr’s TOS and may potentially lose that gig and maybe even your account. It’s a risk.

Paying for reviews is getting to be a dicey proposition lately. I know last year New York made that illegal. So there’s that.

The list of taboo words for gig descriptions must be very long and complex. It took me several hours to get one gig published. For example, Fiverr did not like it because I tried to use “Ebook” in a gig title. The word “ebook” was allowed just once in a gig description. It was not allowed to be used twice. The words Kindle and Nook were not allowed. I was planning to offer Kindle and Nook formatting for my finished manuscripts, but I could not include that anywhere in my gig description. I was planning to offer my services as a WordPress guest blogger, but the “WordPress” seemed to be against the rules…yet, I’ve seen “WordPress” in other published gigs.

Archived