Is Account Verification using Credit Card info legit?

leandrals

Question

HI! I'm new to Fiverr as a seller and have just set up my account and added a gig (I am a voice over artist). I received an email from Fiverr yesterday stating that my account is on hold until it can be verified using a QC code that was included in the email. When opened it takes me to a page that asks me to enter credit card details as well as the current balance on that credit card. This seems like sensitive information to be sharing, especially when all of the verification instructions I've seen on Fiverr so far reference using IDs and photos to verify accounts - not credit cards. Is it safe to proceed using the credit card to verify my account - has anyone else been asked to verify using a credit card?

• Like 6

6 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, leandrals said:

has anyone else been asked to verify using a credit card?

These are scammers. They send QR-codes and want to steal your card info. 

Fiverr doesn't need your card for verification. 

**It would be great from Fiverr's side to solve it since this thing continue to be heard for quite a while**

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 7
  • Up 3

i recieved the same question, i filled all the card details but the transaction was not successful because e-commerce transactions are turned off on my bank account. so i want to ask can they save my information and use it later or i am safe now

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, usamatarar18 said:

i recieved the same question, i filled all the card details but the transaction was not successful because e-commerce transactions are turned off on my bank account. so i want to ask can they save my information and use it later or i am safe now

Don't try it again. It looks like you are just saved by your bank, luckily. These are hackers trying to steal your credit card information thus your money.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I am also new on Fiverr platform as a freelancer. But for completion of account verification process Fiverr only asked for any one of the valid Government ID's photo and a real time selfie. No credit card details is required for ID verification.

Edited by adrija_solution
  • Like 3
  • Up 1