Better the devil you know than the devil you don't

smashradio

To all sellers feeling like Fiverr is full of cheap buyers (I know I sometimes do), I just wanted to share a bit of an eye-roller we had at the newspaper I own, just to illustrate how the grass really isn't that much greener on the other side. 

Our marketing dept. got an inquiry for sponsored content, so we sent over our usual rates (they're in the thousands of euros).

Here's the response:

"My boss can pay $35 (including fee and taxes) for an article"

I almost thought the guys had misread the date, and that it was sent on April 1st. 

Just goes to show that no matter what you're doing or what kind of business you're in, cheapskates are everywhere. 

By the way, here was my response, which I insisted on sending myself: 

--------------

image.png.ac6728a3758f8b8f889dd25a228dafa9.png

--------------

Suffice it to say, I would've been angered by this if not for a decade's worth of psychological fortification against these guys, thanks to Fiverr. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 12

There you go Fiverr, put that in your Q1! Your commitment to cheap, low-value services for cheap, low-value clients is paying dividends to sellers who are bizarrely trying to make it away from Fiverr by helping them to swat off cheapskates in the real world while remaining emotionally stable. Fiverr: it might be cheap and abusive, but it helps to build better, stronger people. 

Or something. They'll probably write about a small village of slightly less impoverished children in Africa instead, thanks to Fiverr's... (cot'd p.103). 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

3 minutes ago, emmaki said:

There you go Fiverr, put that in your Q1! Your commitment to cheap, low-value services for cheap, low-value clients is paying dividends to sellers who are bizarrely trying to make it away from Fiverr by helping them to swat off cheapskates in the real world while remaining emotionally stable. Fiverr: it might be cheap and abusive, but it helps to build better, stronger people. 

Or something. They'll probably write about a small village of slightly less impoverished children in Africa instead, thanks to Fiverr's... (cot'd p.103). 

Couldn't have said it better myself. So I won't. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, emmaki said:

To be fair, you do a great job putting things through the GPT corp-u-like translator. 

Even better than Fiverr? 😄 Or shall I say...

Might we venture to posit that the efficacy and output quality of my strategic communication initiatives for sellers like you surpass that of Fiverr, in delivering premium transparancy?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Might we venture to posit that the efficacy and output quality of my strategic communication initiatives for sellers like you surpass that of Fiverr, in delivering premium transparancy?

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, newsmike said:

But how I mek sells?

Someone had to bring the thread back to normal forum fluency levels. 

You have too innsert fiber to online statuz and do SEO. 

Just contributing. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I think there are cheap buyers because there are cheap sellers too.... I've seen here and on the other platform... people offering their services for $2-$5 dls and it is because they come from countries were $1 is a lot in their own currency or they're just trying to get as many sales as they can.

So it's hard to compete with someone who's willing to do an extensive job for only $5.... when you do that job for $50 (for example) and buyers get used to those prices...

Edited by karyface1
  • Like 5
  • Up 1