is possible for the buyer to cancel this order when it is already delivered?

webinsiders

Question

9 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Yes anything is possible. Even after 5 years, buyer can request Fiverr Support to cancel the order. 

Where did you get that info from? This doesn't make much sense to me, given that the buyer's payment clears 14 days after the order is completed (or 7 days for some sellers). Once the payment is cleared and you have withdrawn it, the buyer's money is no longer on the platform.

So, no, I don't think the buyer can cancel the order after 5 years, given that the money is long gone at that point.

Of course, it's a different story if the buyer hasn't marked the order as complete yet or if it hasn't been automatically completed. If the order is still in an active status, the buyer can contact Support to request a cancellation or a modification of the order. Unfortunately, this has happened to me before, when a previous buyer tried to scam me and get free work. Thankfully, Fiverr handled the situation very well, and I still got paid for the work.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, barbaraschum said:

Where did you get that info from? 

Seen so many cases here on the Forum. 

given that the buyer's payment clears 14 days after the order is completed (or 7 days for some sellers). Once the payment is cleared and you have withdrawn it, the buyer's money is no longer on the platform.

Then your balance can go under -XXX if you have withdrawn the funds. 

So, no, I don't think the buyer can cancel the order after 5 years, given that the money is long gone at that point.

Anything is possible. I am still right about it.

• Like 3

On 3/28/2024 at 11:12 AM, smartdezigns said:

Yes anything is possible. Even after 5 years, buyer can request Fiverr Support to cancel the order. 

I Understood. But if the buyer scams and cancels the order then what should I do?

• Like 2

On 3/28/2024 at 12:14 PM, barbaraschum said:

Where did you get that info from? This doesn't make much sense to me, given that the buyer's payment clears 14 days after the order is completed (or 7 days for some sellers). Once the payment is cleared and you have withdrawn it, the buyer's money is no longer on the platform.

Of course, it's a different story if the buyer hasn't marked the order as complete yet or if it hasn't been automatically completed. If the order is still in an active status, the buyer can contact Support to request a cancellation or a modification of the order. Unfortunately, this has happened to me before, when a previous buyer tried to scam me and get free work. Thankfully, Fiverr handled the situation very well, and I still got paid for the work.

I Understood. But if the buyer scams and cancels the order then what should I do?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, webinsiders said:

Then in that case, you will have to contact Fiverr Support regarding it. If your case is strong then Fiverr might reimburse you.

• Like 3

On 3/29/2024 at 5:28 PM, smartdezigns said:

Then in that case, you will have to contact Fiverr Support regarding it. If your case is strong then Fiverr might reimburse you.

I understood. Thanks for sharing this information.

• Like 2