"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

I wonder what led to the changes to the leveling system and all, but I'm not a fan of it, and by the looks of it, almost nobody is.

Before the implementation of the new system, I deleted every single gig and only left my most successful gig and a new gig with way fewer orders but good potential. I thought surely I would maintain my level; I was wrong. I'm not even close. I tried understanding each metric and how the new system worked so that I could improve accordingly, but you can't fix something that isn't broken. Simply put, I've only ever received one bad review, which was a 4.7. My field of work is pretty straight-forward, and you get what you're promised (unlike the competitive field of design and others where subjective factors come into play). 

My success score is 4 and I've made every effort to change it. I put together a strategy from whatever I could understand from the vague CS response. I implemented the strategy, worked on my second gig, worked on client satisfaction as much as I could (I didn't offer to massage their feet), and more. 

Now the question was, when can I see the results? When are the stats for my second gig going to appear? Did the vague metrics that I worked on improve? I came to this forum to get these questions answered. From what I've gathered, there is no set time when metrics are updated. There are metrics you may never know that will drown you. You won't know whether something you worked on was successful or failed. 

As they say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

• Like 9

1 hour ago, zakirahmed66 said:

Before the implementation of the new system, I deleted every single gig and only left my most successful gig and a new gig with way fewer orders but good potential.

System majorly takes ALL THE ORDERS in the last 2 years into account to assign the gig scores - leading to calculation of the cumulative success score. So, deleting/pausing gigs is kind of pointless. 

I feel it's done deliberately to ensure that, people don't manipulate their success scores at will. 

If it was so easy to buzz/move the success score, a lot of people would have lifted their middling scores to desirable 9/10 by now. 🧐

PS Also, your profile has only 19 public reviews. So the data set is relatively very small for the system to calculate the score. So just 1 or 2 bad private reviews can completely decimate your gig and success score. 

Edited by priyank_mod
  • Like 7
  • Up 2

4 hours ago, zakirahmed66 said:

I wonder what led to the changes to the leveling system and all, but I'm not a fan of it, and by the looks of it, almost nobody is.

Before the implementation of the new system, I deleted every single gig and only left my most successful gig and a new gig with way fewer orders but good potential. I thought surely I would maintain my level; I was wrong. I'm not even close. I tried understanding each metric and how the new system worked so that I could improve accordingly, but you can't fix something that isn't broken. Simply put, I've only ever received one bad review, which was a 4.7. My field of work is pretty straight-forward, and you get what you're promised (unlike the competitive field of design and others where subjective factors come into play). 

My success score is 4 and I've made every effort to change it. I put together a strategy from whatever I could understand from the vague CS response. I implemented the strategy, worked on my second gig, worked on client satisfaction as much as I could (I didn't offer to massage their feet), and more. 

Now the question was, when can I see the results? When are the stats for my second gig going to appear? Did the vague metrics that I worked on improve? I came to this forum to get these questions answered. From what I've gathered, there is no set time when metrics are updated. There are metrics you may never know that will drown you. You won't know whether something you worked on was successful or failed. 

As they say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Private rating is new core of current score

Proof: You have 5/5 positive public ratings, still 4/10 score

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, grayprogrammerz said:

Private rating is new core of current score

Proof: You have 5/5 positive public ratings, still 4/10 score

ok I'm ok about being judged using the private rating, but it's crazy that a freelancing platform is not transparent with the freelancers...also I'm level 0 with more than 260 5 stars review and a lot of tips, so I don't understand how my private ratings can be so negative...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, fixxapp said:

ok I'm ok about being judged using the private rating, but it's crazy that a freelancing platform is not transparent with the freelancers...also I'm level 0 with more than 260 5 stars review and a lot of tips, so I don't understand how my private ratings can be so negative...

private ratings are sensitive and unstable because few buyers choose to fill surveys

Suppose if we have total 10 orders

6 buyers write public reviews

and 2 out of them also write private review

What should be result ? Probably very aggressive, it may rank or dump our gigs in few days

I suggest recommending happy buyers to write private feedback

That's workaround for now unfortunately

• Like 4

22 hours ago, zakirahmed66 said:

worked on client satisfaction as much as I could (I didn't offer to massage their feet)

I guess that's the problem buddy. Never forget to massage a client's feet.

All jokes aside, yeah, it's very disappointing. I've completed more than 3k orders in the past 3 years, my gigs were very successful and I actually moved on to ONLY rely on Fiverr as my source of income, which was perfect for over 2 years. I quit my regular job then. But since past december, everything seemed to tank, having a little better luck in February tho. But since this new "success score" thing, everything's been horrible. I guess trying to change my success score (without having to massage client's feet) is virtually impossible. How can move up even 1 point after averaging more than 3k orders? It's just useless and disencouraging. 

I hope they actually listen to us. After all we're just trying to do our jobs as good as we can.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, aychuck said:

I guess that's the problem buddy. Never forget to massage a client's feet.

All jokes aside, yeah, it's very disappointing. I've completed more than 3k orders in the past 3 years, my gigs were very successful and I actually moved on to ONLY rely on Fiverr as my source of income, which was perfect for over 2 years. I quit my regular job then. But since past december, everything seemed to tank, having a little better luck in February tho. But since this new "success score" thing, everything's been horrible. I guess trying to change my success score (without having to massage client's feet) is virtually impossible. How can move up even 1 point after averaging more than 3k orders? It's just useless and disencouraging. 

I hope they actually listen to us. After all we're just trying to do our jobs as good as we can.

It's insanity. It's discouraging me from continuing working on here also. If my level drops I hardly see the point.
Part of the problem is that I believe the success score is based on private ratings (not public).

The problem with that is, I can easily destroy one of my 'competitors' simply by purchasing their gig, giving them a 5 star rating and then giving them merciless hell on the private rating system.

Fiverr needs to remedy this immediately.

• Like 3