Qr code scam Profile verification

Good thing you didn’t give your card details again. When using Fiverr, always stick to their official site for everything, including payments. If something seems off, reach out to Fiverr support. Keep an eye on your bank account just in case, and maybe change your passwords to be safe. Stay safe! 🌟

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It's a scam. You can report the user by contacting our Customer Support or emailing support@fiverr.com with a screenshot. Here’s an easy way to report:

Hover your mouse over the message area, and you’ll see three dots in the top right corner. Click on them, and a pop-up box will appear, as shown in the red-marked area.

image.png.0ed4cbc68ecd593d3ed4d5f801984982.png

For more details, check the discussion here: https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/334397-is-it-a-scam/?do=findComment&comment=2082235

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

Hello, I have recently relaunch my activity on Fiverr and today I have received a very strange order : only a MP with a QR code who should have give me all the informations that I needed but it's only a link to an order. I have no clue how to ask for more information because for an unknown reason, I could not contact the buyer anymore in the conversation : "pseudoname" can no longer be contacted. This will not affect your response rate.

What should I do ? Should I accept the Gig even without basic information ? Will I have a chance to discuss with the buyer after to get a better idea of what he is in need ? I added questions on the gig to get more informations but I havent received them with this order. 😵‍💫 In my gut, I feel that there is a problem. That's why I'm here.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, priyank_mod said:

It was a fake order from a scamster. Do not click on anything or scan any QR code. 

Fiverr has already blocked the profile of sender. 

Wow, ok thanks ! How are you aware of this ? Is there a place where I can find informations to not be trapped in the future with this sort of problems ?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, laurabecognee said:

Wow, ok thanks ! How are you aware of this ? Is there a place where I can find informations to not be trapped in the future with this sort of problems ?

You can read this post from Fiverr Staff: 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, pure_creatives said:

It's a scam. Please don't fill in payment information and don't open their link. They prey on new sellers. I also got this kind of message after joining Fiverr newly.

Screenshot 2024-07-25 080757.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 080833.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 081037.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR pure_creatives.png

In my case, they have send me the QR code as an attachement in the MP, thank you for your feedback, I have deleted the conversation ^^'

• Like 5

Hi All!

Please remember that we strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Please report these users to our Customer Support immediately. Send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.

Thank you.

• Like 6

Hello, I am new to Fiverr so just learning the ropes & received this to my inbox.

When you click on the QR code it takes you to what looks like a legit Fiverr funds transfer page. Luckily I Googled this as it wasn't showing up in my 'Active Orders' & found similar things are happening to others.

I cannot report the account as it doesn't look like its active anymore.

Just wanted to raise awareness about this as it's not right!

image.png.f9fb7a1887de662ad7c8c530b9ea5a57.pngimage.png.f33a9ecb05e336fd1eb1fcd0e095c534.pngimage.png.5c7c4903efa5e3697c1394fa0f118bcb.png

• Like 3

Hello @jordan_booth1 

Yes, it appears to be a scam. We are aware of the issue and are actively working to resolve it. Please report this user to our Customer Support immediately. Send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Thank you.

• Like 6

On 7/21/2024 at 11:15 PM, zaidiitechhouse said:

Hello, Hello , Hello

Nowadays I am receiving verify account messages from buyers, they are mentioning QR code to scan and get link, any one of you guys are receiving these type of message, let me mention that one file which I received from buyer, What i can do to stop these kind of messages? 

Opera Snapshot_2024-07-21_221417_fiverr-res.cloudinary.com.png

Its a scam, do not scan, be careful. Thank you

• Like 3

I received a spam message today. It annoys me because I get so many of them. I always block and report these users so they can't bother me anymore, and it also ensures that they don't negatively affect my response rate. Thanks and stay safe, everyone!

• Like 4
  • Support 1