Qr code scam Profile verification

hi there, I am a new member in the Fiverr.  I have long time experience in bookkeeping but not know how  I can get a client quickly, pls give me, some advice,

I found some message in my inbox but i don't know, Is the genuine message from client or fake ,  from this ID - f1rarn38227187, telling me

take a screen shot and go to the photo 

click on a QR code 

Click on the link etc. 

pls give some advice about this issue

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

On 6/24/2024 at 6:09 PM, joynal15052 said:

I found some message in my inbox but i don't know, Is the genuine message from client or fake ,  from this ID - f1rarn38227187, telling me

take a screen shot and go to the photo 

click on a QR code 

Click on the link etc. 

pls give some advice about this issue

It's a scam. Don't do any of that.

You might wanna read this. 

• Like 7
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey there @andreiplaza 

Yes, this is a scam. Please report this user immediately to our Customer Support by sending them an email to support@fiverr.com. Attach all the screenshots you have and include all the details. 

Thank you. 

• Like 2
  • Up 1

14 minutes ago, Lena said:

Hey there @andreiplaza 

Yes, this is a scam. Please report this user immediately to our Customer Support by sending them an email to support@fiverr.com. Attach all the screenshots you have and include all the details. 

Thank you. 

Thank you for answering!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, andreiplaza said:

Hello! I am new to Fiverr, please help me verify if this is legit or a scam.

someone messaged me a while ago with QR saying this:

image.png.88fa5a8ddaaacd68cf90a941ee0b3be6.png

AND THIS IS THE LINK; IMPORTANT%20INFORMATION%20FOR%20andreipl

This is EXACTLY what happened to me yesterday, it showed I had a new order and it was fully paid.  When I clicked on it, it took me to this screen and then ask for your bank card details and then told me via a instant message "agent" to pay 150 USD into my account to verify the card!?  I am new to this platform, luckily I did not transfer any funds but had to stop my bank card.  And afterwards the order just disappeared (of course!)  Unsettling to me that this is my first experience on Fiverr. 

• Like 1

Is this a scam payment?

Hello guys, I´m fairly new to Fiverr and today I received a message with this image.

image.png.091abd017610a44079bd0e996ac8897c.png

Do you think is legit or this is a scam and something could happen if I scan the QR code?

I didn´t receive any emails either. So that´s why I think this is suspicious.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hi all, How should I report a user sending a QR code to hack Fiverr sellers?

I'm attaching 2 screenshot of a user impersonating Fiverr customer service and sending QR codes.

I reported it from the message itself. I don't know if that's enough.

Kind regards.

fraud attempt 2.jpg

• Like 1

I have receiven a lot of these messages, first time almost got caught by one of them. Every time I get one more, only said, "I only recieve payments from Fiverr", thats it, I hope it will be different in the future, its dangerouse for the platform, to maintain, those kind of people.
Even thoug we can't report these cases.

• Like 3

Hello @spanishmarket 

To report a scammer, you should report them to our Customer Support. To do so, please send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have. 

Please know that I had to edit your post as it goes against our guidelines. 

Thank you. 

Posted (edited)

Hey all! I received a text message that appears to be from Fiverr, but I’m concerned it might be a phishing attempt. The email's subject was "Verify your Fiverr account," it was sent from some Polly Verify (@*******) person. The email contains a QR code and asks me to verify my account. Does anyone suggest what the matter is? I’m worried about the security of my account.

Thank You!

Edited by wp_kid
user name removed.
  • Like 2

Guest code_with_abhi

I got charged 200$ from fiverr verification, They send me QR code which lead me to Stripe verification.

i opened new fiverr account and they charged me 200$. Please help me