Three new seller questions

gbrl_c

Question

Hello! I'm Gabriel, relatively new on Fiverr, nice to meet you!
I have three questions I'd like to ask to you experienced sellers.

1. Why some sellers are shown to clients by their display name, and some are shown by their usernames? I've tried to make my display name (Gabriel C) to be shown to appear more professional, but no success.
  2. There's around a month and a half since I'm active on Fiverr, but managed to get two orders only. Is it normal or there's something I'm doing wrong? I've completed Fiverr's introductory course and am trying to follow its steps, but information is always welcome so I'd love to hear tips from all of you.
  3. I assume my profile is very hard to find because I'm new and probably because I have completed only one order by now. What are the factors that make my profile visibility get better? Number of orders, seller level, time my account is created, activity on platform and/or forum, all of them? Is there any I didn't mention? And which ones are the most important for me to focus?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm very interested in being an active member of this community.
Thank you in advance!

• Like 5

1 answer to this question

7 hours ago, gbrl_c said:

Hello! I'm Gabriel, relatively new on Fiverr, nice to meet you!
I have three questions I'd like to ask to you experienced sellers.

1. Why some sellers are shown to clients by their display name, and some are shown by their usernames? I've tried to make my display name (Gabriel C) to be shown to appear more professional, but no success.
  2. There's around a month and a half since I'm active on Fiverr, but managed to get two orders only. Is it normal or there's something I'm doing wrong? I've completed Fiverr's introductory course and am trying to follow its steps, but information is always welcome so I'd love to hear tips from all of you.
  3. I assume my profile is very hard to find because I'm new and probably because I have completed only one order by now. What are the factors that make my profile visibility get better? Number of orders, seller level, time my account is created, activity on platform and/or forum, all of them? Is there any I didn't mention? And which ones are the most important for me to focus?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm very interested in being an active member of this community.
Thank you in advance!

Hi there, and welcome to Fiverr! 

1. This is likely because you're not a Fiverr Pro seller. The practice of using real names began when Fiverr doubled down on what was known at the time as "Fiverr Business." It was essentially a curated selection of the best sellers, chosen based on customer satisfaction, with the aim of working with larger businesses. Sellers who qualified for it were asked to use their real names on a distinct "Fiverr Business Profile."

Over time, Fiverr Business merged with "Fiverr Pro". Originally, Fiverr Pro indicated that a seller had been thoroughly vetted and confirmed as a professional by Fiverr, and it was really difficult getting in. Those who were part of Fiverr Business are now under the Fiverr Pro umbrella (I'm not entirely sure if all such sellers were automatically transitioned to Pro status, but it seems that way). So, the likely reason you're missing this feature is that you're not a Fiverr Pro seller. You can learn more about Fiverr Pro and apply here, if you think you have what it takes: 

Freelance vetting & application | Fiverr Pro

2. As a new seller on Fiverr, you might notice an initial boost in visibility, which is a common experience. However, this momentum tapers off, and from there, your visibility largely hinges on your success score. Fiverr tends to promote its top-performing sellers, so it's important to understand how things work. Be aware that Fiverr recently overhauled its level system, so there's lots of outdated info out there.

Here are some tips:

• Try to exceed expectations. Under-promise, over-deliver. It's always better to deliver more than you've committed to rather than falling short. Be honest about your capabilities. Declining a project is better than underdelivering if you're not 100% sure that you can deliver as promised.
  • Make the most of Fiverr's features to build trust. Pay attention to your profile, gig descriptions, thumbnails, videos, and portfolio. As a new seller, having something to show for is really important. 
  • Always be professional, polite and helpful, even when your buyers become challenging. Try to turn negative situations into positive experiences. Remember that both public and private feedback from buyers influence your success score. A higher score translates to better visibility.

3. See my above answer. Simply being active on the platform, like refreshing pages, or participating in the forum, makes no difference.

What truly makes a difference is the quality of your work and the experience you provide to your buyers. Focus on delivering exceptional stuff and outstanding results whenever you get the opportunity. 

I hope this helps! 

• Like 4
  • Up 3