Yet another underhanded request?

Posted (edited)

I have received so many overt scam e-mails since I joined in early Q1 this year, that they are becoming more entertainment than nuisance.

For the small percentage that isn't already blocked by the time I read it, I just have to roll my eyes. Either the scammers are amateurs, or there are enough people that are paralyzingly stupid enough to fall for their nonsense.

This time:

"Hello, I am looking for someone to get a mobile phone at home. This mobile phone will be our proxy 4G in SG. You will just have to have the phone at home and keep it on charge and insert a SIM card in it. We will pay the internet monthly subscription as well. Are you interested regarding this offer ?"

Yeahhh riiiiight....you want me to sign up for a phone service/SIM card that you can use without limit and without any accountability regarding who is being contacted, for what purpose and for how long, then promise to "pay the monthly subscription cost" (and what about the call and messaging charges?) --- another nonsense contact screaming "SCAM" in my ear with a megaphone. 🙂 Go away...I can't genuinely speak my mind here, or I might get banned LOL.

Edited by mark_sgp
  • Like 3

In case anyone is wondering, I am a buyer, seller and affiliate for Fiverr. I have only joined this past January, but I see scams from all directions, posing from various countries of origin (which are likely bogus locations from bogus accounts).

On a more positive note:

1. The interactions I have had purchasing services from legitimate sellers have been very positive.

2. As an affiliate, I have amassed just under 500 new registrations; one FTB commission so far (from Africa) but I expect a lot more, since the tracking cookie lasts one year from the point of registration.

3. 75+% of my new registrations have been from Africa-Middle East-Indian Subcontinent-Pacific Rim regions - and I have not specifically been excluding the Americas nor Europe.

4. I expect to have legitimate buyers for my gigs in the near future -- and I don't care where they originate, as long as they are indeed genuine.

• Like 2

The scammers target the new buyers in the expectation they will perhaps think this kind of stuff is normal.  've been around for a couple of years and have TRS and aside from the rare chancer who tries to get something for free, I get very few scam messages. (PS, in the App you can block people you don't want to waste your time on).

• Like 2