Would this be against Fiverr's TOS?

andykosch

Question

Hello, I am currently running a product photography gig. 

Can I create additional gigs like the following:

Gig2: Amazon product photography

Gig3: eBay product photography

Gig4: Etsy product photography

Apparently, they are the same thing, and I would suspect it would get flagged as duplicate listings. I see a lot of sellers doing the same thing but thought I would ask before I go and do it.

• Like 3

2 answers to this question

If the services you are providing are different it would be okay I think. eg. 3 gigs providing different styles of logo would be okay (eg. 1 for "modern logo", another for "handwritten logo" etc.

Though in your case - will there be any differences in the service, photography or deliveries you send etc? If yes then it should be okay I think.

But also having quite similar now might be less of a good idea than before as now in levels 0 and 2 you can have less gigs/active gigs than before. eg. so for unlevelled sellers you only get 4 gigs - and if you use them all for things you could easily do in 1 gig it might limit too much other gigs you create for more services that are more different.

If there are only slight differences in the service for each you could put somewhere "Amazon, Ebay or Etsy photography" (if there's no rules against that) and mentioning those somewhere in the gig might still allow it to be found in the search for each of those (though what's in the gig title is best for searches).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2

On 3/16/2024 at 6:45 AM, uk1000 said:

If the services you are providing are different it would be okay I think. eg. 3 gigs providing different styles of logo would be okay (eg. 1 for "modern logo", another for "handwritten logo" etc.

Though in your case - will there be any differences in the service, photography or deliveries you send etc? If yes then it should be okay I think.

But also having quite similar now might be less of a good idea than before as now in levels 0 and 2 you can have less gigs/active gigs than before. eg. so for unlevelled sellers you only get 4 gigs - and if you use them all for things you could easily do in 1 gig it might limit too much other gigs you create for more services that are more different.

If there are only slight differences in the service for each you could put somewhere "Amazon, Ebay or Etsy photography" (if there's no rules against that) and mentioning those somewhere in the gig might still allow it to be found in the search for each of those (though what's in the gig title is best for searches).

The end product would only have different resolutions in the photos. Essentially, right now, I don't plan on offering any other services on Fiverr in the near future. Possibly I will add more after I get my feet wet with Fiverr.

• Like 1