What To do if I am getting scammed by a seller?

econceptz123

Question

I placed an order for a seller to work on my website after some conversations. The seller requested for 10 days and I agreed. On the expiration of the 10 days,  the seller requested for an extension of one day and I accepted. He/she did not even touch anything on the website for the ten days. The next day,  He/she delivered and shared a screenshot of 10 articles He/she had added and wants me to pay,  but that was not the agreement. No work done on the website for 11 days and He/she has refused to accept the cancelation and wants to waste my time with a back and forth He/she keeps rejecting the cancellation.  I have just send a message the support and hope it will be resolved soon.  While waiting,  is there anything I can do? since I will not want to work with such a person since I know there are many good,  dedicated and sincerely people here so won't settle for less.  

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

11 answers to this question

As a seller i felt very sorry to see your this post. The seller how did this with you it’s not ok. But as a buyer you should make sure your seller is professional dedicated and also durning the work you need to communicate with him. I think you understand my concern 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, econceptz123 said:

I placed an order for a seller to work on my website after some conversations. The seller requested for 10 days and I agreed. On the expiration of the 10 days,  the seller requested for an extension of one day and I accepted. He/she did not even touch anything on the website for the ten days. The next day,  He/she delivered and shared a screenshot of 10 articles He/she had added and wants me to pay,  but that was not the agreement. No work done on the website for 11 days and He/she has refused to accept the cancelation and wants to waste my time with a back and forth He/she keeps rejecting the cancellation.  I have just send a message the support and hope it will be resolved soon.  While waiting,  is there anything I can do? since I will not want to work with such a person since I know there are many good,  dedicated and sincerely people here so won't settle for less.  

Under no circumstances, do not accept the delivery if it is not according to your requirements.

Wait for the response from Fiverr Support. Hopefully, it will be resolved and you will get your funds back. Meanwhile, you can do nothing except waiting. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

Under no circumstances, do not accept the delivery if it is not according to your requirements.

Wait for the response from Fiverr Support. Hopefully, it will be resolved and you will get your funds back. Meanwhile, you can do nothing except waiting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for responding... I am patiently waiting for what support will say or do.  Unfortunately, the person has 6 good feedback - 5stars rates from buyers, so I never envisaged he/she would do that. 

• Like 6

Thank you for responding... I am patiently waiting for what support will say or do.  Unfortunately, the person has 6 good feedback - 5stars rates from buyers, so I never envisaged he/she would do that. 

• Like 5

Thank you guys for the support and the reassurance.  Fiverr support responded to my mail and demanded I send screenshots of the gig and a few other things.  After providing them,  the order has been canceled. I am grateful. 

• Like 2
  • Congrats! 2