More fake messages on Fiver!

I am a new seller on Fiverr and my account is three months old. I am on fiver full time except for 6 hours of sleep every day. I got about 30 messages in the last three months. But unfortunately most of the buyer messages were fake.

Among them are
1) They send a message and I replied instantly but later they didn't get any response. 
2) They message and reply second but leave again without any discussion.
3) They message and talk about the job but leave when I send the offer with their opinion & permission also
4) They come to collect funds for homeless people
5) They come to get tips about fiverr like how to get order on fiverr and how to improve their gig etc. (maybe they don't know about the forum!).

Many of them message that they are from US, UK, AU or CA but when I check their PTS it doesn't show their real PTS but it shows wrong and this is confirm me the buyer was fake!

Some say do the work first and I will order you later.

I'm getting frustrated day by day! Even if the message doesn't come, I don't get upset. It seems that I'm not timing the fiver properly, so maybe the message doesn't come. But if such fake messages are coming then I am getting frustrated day by day.

Note: I received messages from 30 people out of which I personally recommended 2 to come to Fiver. And they both buy my service one of them buy service regularly. Also, another person buy service from me but has now moved to other sellers. and one i get from fiverr gig. And more than 25 fake!

This is reducing the impression & click of my gigs! And I'm getting frustrated. Does fiver have any option to take legal action against them?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, shirin_akter00 said:

I am a new seller on Fiverr and my account is three months old. I am on fiver full time except for 6 hours of sleep every day. I got about 30 messages in the last three months. But unfortunately most of the buyer messages were fake.

Among them are
1) They send a message and I replied instantly but later they didn't get any response. 
2) They message and reply second but leave again without any discussion.
3) They message and talk about the job but leave when I send the offer with their opinion & permission also
4) They come to collect funds for homeless people
5) They come to get tips about fiverr like how to get order on fiverr and how to improve their gig etc. (maybe they don't know about the forum!).

Many of them message that they are from US, UK, AU or CA but when I check their PTS it doesn't show their real PTS but it shows wrong and this is confirm me the buyer was fake!

Some say do the work first and I will order you later.

I'm getting frustrated day by day! Even if the message doesn't come, I don't get upset. It seems that I'm not timing the fiver properly, so maybe the message doesn't come. But if such fake messages are coming then I am getting frustrated day by day.

Note: I received messages from 30 people out of which I personally recommended 2 to come to Fiver. And they both buy my service one of them buy service regularly. Also, another person buy service from me but has now moved to other sellers. and one i get from fiverr gig. And more than 25 fake!

This is reducing the impression & click of my gigs! And I'm getting frustrated. Does fiver have any option to take legal action against them?

Thanks for sharing, very informative massage for the new seller on Fiverr.

Thanks a lot...

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

When I had "New Seller Status" i have received 30+ messages of people trying to pull me over to Telegram, Fiverr detected them and banned them quickly.
Since I have leveled up, it get messages referring to one of my gigs saying "Hi" or "Hello", they either never respond, beg for money and ask my how Fiverr works. Every single time the account was from Nigeria or Pakistan. Most recently this happens with accounts from Europe, that being said, it might be the same people who have noticed that nobody replies to them anymore.

• Like 4
  • Up 2

I also get like a huge number of spam texts from fake accounts regularly. They are very frustrating for me because I have to wake up at night to answer them.

I block and report them quickly so that it does not affect my response rate.

Stay safe and best of luck everyone!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1