over 30% fee? this is crazy!

10 hours ago, cucinavivace said:

I know this is an old post, but just since you got some pushback to clarify, those are not free in the US either. I switched to Payoneer for the direct deposit (the only reason I have a Payoneer account) so I only had to pay $1 for the withdrawals. When I use PayPal for the withdrawal I get charged 2.9% + $.30 just like any other "goods and services" payment. 

Frankly, this is the kind of nickel and dime stuff that annoys me about this platform. They can't figure out ACH direct deposit or eat any fees at all to get us paid after charging that much upfront? On top of everything else, that's just greedy.

And it's not like it's difficult or expensive to save us that headache and show a little goodwill. I pay my own sales people every month through PayPal and Venmo because PayPal and Venmo have to handle my 1099s and I have zero ongoing record keeping headaches on their payments. I upload a single spreadsheet to PayPal. The payments go to all my people's PayPal or Venmo accounts instantly. I get charged 2% to a maximum of $14, which means for anything over $700 it's under 2%. So if I pay someone $700, it's $14. If I pay someone $10,000, it's $14. If I only pay someone $200, then it's $4. The average for the whole year usually comes out just over 1%.

If I didn't do it I'd have to raise my commission rate from 20% to 25% because nobody in the financial industry is accepting a net 16% commission after withdrawal fees because I'm too lazy to figure out how to pay them properly, or too greedy to eat the cost myself to use PayPal for my own convenience.

That's the overall problem with Fiverr - short term, forest-for-the-trees mentality that's too busy grabbing for extra pennies to see the big picture that's best for everyone to create a "professional environment." I mean if you're going to take the easy way out, that's the easy way. Alternatively, if you're serious about being a platform for professionals, figure out how to pay them directly and properly. This middle ground, hobbled-together, multiple third party payment methods with no free option get your money is baby stuff.

Well, that was far more typing and a much bigger deal than I planned to make of this. It was supposed to just be the first paragraph, but there you have it. I am uncontrollably annoyed by the stupid little things. Oops. 😄

Let's see if Fiverr listens to Freelancers!

• Like 3

too high fees .

I just ordered 1 gig of 5$ and fees was too much. I think fiverr needs to work on it fast coz i see these discussions in many digital platforms. this is giving open space for someone else to start similar websites.

• Like 1

I’m a bit confused with these fees. Just completed the order for $150, and earned $84 from it. Is that a joke? Almost 47%? I barely can pay for seller plus and promoted gigs last few months, have too few orders, and now such fees… Doesn’t make sense. 

I’m on Fiverr since 2016, and last 2 years were just horrible with all that algorithm shakes and now some crazy fees. I would not be complaining if the gigs promotion worked well and I had many orders and could cover all these costs, but it seems that Fiverr gets worse every year and doesn’t care about sellers at all…

I’m so confused, don’t know what to do and if it’s time to search for another platform. Any advice?

IMG_8467.jpeg

• Confused 1