How to limitse the Revisions if the buyer asking undue revisions?

mianabidqayyum

Question

Hi,

I'm facing a problem with a buyer who's intentionally and repeatedly asking for undue revisions, he's not even ready for the delivered documents and asking either for a refund or for revisions. I spent two days on his project to deliver him an agreement exceeding 3000 words as per his demands and he's asking for revisions with no feedback and comments. Although I'm quite flexible about any revision his intentions are something else and the buyer alleging me for those statements which I haven't made. It seems he does not know English and translates my messages each time and resultantly could not understand the delivered document in English and now alleging racism and all nonsense. 

I need your help and support to handle the situation as I have sent the same to customer support and got no reply so far. Please help how I can avoid this conflicting scenario and avoid the same buyer in the name of revision and cancellation. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, mianabidqayyum said:

I spent two days on his project to deliver him an agreement exceeding 3000 words as per his demands and he's asking for revisions with no feedback and comments.

What does he want done in his revisions/what is his reason for revising?

2 hours ago, mianabidqayyum said:

I'm facing a problem with a buyer who's intentionally and repeatedly asking for undue revisions, he's not even ready for the delivered documents and asking either for a refund or for revisions.

Are you saying you haven't even delivered anything yet? How is he asking for revisions? 

• Like 4

Yes for him the whole document is defective because he does not have a common with English, I have asked him several times to point out or highlight the areas/lines or para that he feels are unnecessary, but instead of doing that, he's alleging me a racist....what a joke....... anyway, you may share the solution if any. 

• Like 2

There is no real solution here where you come off unscathed. You can either cave, and continue to give free work for the rest of eternity, or you can stand up for yourself.

If I have a problematic buyer that is clearly just taking advantage, I hold my ground and remind them that the order comes with x amount of revisions, after that they have to pay per revision. I normally just send an offer for the revision and then redeliver if they don't want to take it. Unfortunately, you can't protect yourself against buyers like these as Fiverr doesn't help much, you just have to brace for impact with the reviews and whatever effect their negative feedback will have on your profile. Reach out to CS again, and continue to redeliver if he keeps asking for unpaid revisions. 

In the future, try to screen as much as you can. The more thorough and detailed your consult is and your requirements are, the more you cover yourself. Try not to ever work with a buyer that's obviously using Google translate, or have extremely bad communication off the bat. And, if my gut ever gives me a weird feeling, I've learned to trust and rather forego the work or cancel the order as soon as possible. I've learned through dealing with buyers like these that that's really all you can do

• Like 3

maybe it is trying to do the new trick to scamm people in fiverr. after several reviews the AI will consider you the faulty part. when he ask for cancelling it will be automatically marked as canceled, and flagged as strong negative score, they get free documents or maybe is just someone in your same gig and wants you to go down. this trick is being reported in the forum. 

my recommendation, go straight forward to CS and ask them for cancelation without refund, showing that you covered the requested points, show also you already given free reviews and also make one charged extra review, if they reject it you will have advantage on the AI to support you because you tried...

• Like 2

I'm really fed up and badly tortured in the hands of the buyer he's repeatedly and continuously pressing the revision button with two words like feedback "Please Refund" which is impossible for me and now I'm delivering the same document but it is badly affecting my impressions and clicks. 

I'm not getting how to get rid of the buyer's harassment because the CS is not responding to me. It is the 4th day they have not answered me. I don't know what to do further. 

• Like 2