🚨🚨New scam on the rise (this one almost got me)

richardwheeler

I've been on Fiverr since 2015 and I liked to think I was too smart to get scammed. I still think that, and still haven't been, but here's a scam I've been approached with twice now and I fear he will be successful with one of you guys, so let me protect you. 

Both times I've been approached with this, the guy has conveyed they he represents "HYPD Publishing," so if you see that, you can be 99.9% sure this is a scam. Then the guy goes on to ask for a "chat-to-chat" interview in order to come off as a legitimate business. Then there's some very random seeming interview questions where he'll ask if "you're a team player" and "tell me about a time where you were a good listener." The whole interview takes about 15 minutes. 

Of course, after some delays it turns out I "passed the interview" and then proceeds to "onboard" me to his company.

He then asked to pay me via check, which is a huge violation of Fiverr terms. From here he'll try to get you on s***e or Whatsapp, again violating the terms of service. He says he wants to pay for certain pieces of software "required for the job" and he said he will send me a digital check. He then tries to start collecting banking information under the guise of sending this check. To receive a check in the real world, you don't need to know someone's bank, or routing number, or email address. You just need the person's name. So don't fall for this. His English is not the best, but if you speak English as a second or third language you may not notice. 

Beware!

• Like 13

• 1 month later...