New Fiverr Freelancer from Zimbabwe! - Chishamiso x

Hey everyone! My name is Chishamiso. I am on this platform to hopefully get some working experience, put some of my skills to good productive use, and make some money (I hope). I've never had a job before so I hope I can. Getting a job online has proven to be quite difficult, especially if you are from Africa--and not one of the popular nations like Nigeria and South Africa. I come from Zimbabwe and there are often a lot of roadblocks along the way from payment methods, qualifications which restrict to a particular region, and plain location. Regardless, I am hopeful I can do well on here. I would appreciate any help and tips along the way. I am excited to get started!

If you happen to have reputable, online, trustworthy/safe job opportunities that you know of which are a good match especially for people from Africa, please reply to this post and let me know! I have searched far and wide. I'm also currently looking for job opportunities on Upwork and other places, too. Just a note, I can only use platforms which allow Payoneer as a payment method. 🙂

All in all, I'm so happy to join the Fiverr community. I hope I can be of help to everyone who needs it, and would love to get important information and tips on my career journey ahead.

Best,
Chishamiso

God bless you all! 😇

• Like 18

Hi Chishamiso, welcome to the Fiverr community! We're glad to have you here.

Your enthusiasm is contagious! It's great to see your determination to gain experience, utilize your skills, and build a successful career. While online opportunities can present challenges, especially for individuals in certain regions, your proactive approach and willingness to learn are commendable.

Here are some suggestions to help you navigate Fiverr:

• Optimize your profile and gig descriptions: Highlight your skills, experience, and any relevant certifications you hold.
  • Focus on building your portfolio: Showcase your best work through high-quality samples and clear descriptions.
  • Engage with the community: Participate in relevant forums, offer helpful advice, and connect with other sellers.
  • Utilize Fiverr Learn: This platform offers valuable resources and tutorials to enhance your skills and knowledge.

While I can't share specific job opportunities within this comment, you might consider exploring these resources:

• Remote Jobs in Africa:
  • Remote Africa: 

Additionally, remember:

• Payoneer is widely accepted on Fiverr and other platforms, so your search options shouldn't be significantly limited.
  • Building a successful online presence takes time and effort. Remain patient, keep learning, and stay persistent.

We believe in your potential, Chishamiso! Don't hesitate to ask questions and utilize the resources available within the Fiverr community. We're all here to help you succeed.

Best of luck in your journey!

• Like 2