Post a Request Turnaround Time?

gertnerbot

Question

7 answers to this question

49 minutes ago, gertnerbot said:

I posted a request yesterday for work on a Nuxt app and still haven't heard anything else.  How long does it usually take to get a response? 

If the system finds matches and sellers think they are a good match, you could get a response immediately. If the system doesn't find a match (or the sellers don't think your project is a good match for them), you might never get a response. I've seen several buyers posting on the forum that they never received matches. Most sellers on the forum complain that the matches they receive are irrelevant to what they do.

Fiverr's Help Center also states that they can't guarantee matches for your project. Since you can't really edit your briefs if no one responds, the best thing may be to try to post another one. Or, search for a seller using Fiverr's search tools (which is my preferred method of finding sellers).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, gertnerbot said:

Should I post my request on the forum as well?

The majority of users on the forum are sellers, but not all sellers responding to you will be qualified for the job (or will even read the brief). You could try in "Starter Questions" if you would like help finding qualified sellers, but I still think the best route is to search for yourself using Fiverr's search tools. There is a lot of spam on the forum (and by stating you're one of the few buyers on the forum may open the door for more spam). You would have to vet each interested candidate one by one (by checking their profiles on the main website anyways), so I'd use Fiverr's search if I were you.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

@gertnerbot - When I typed in "Nuxt app" in Fiverr's search, there are only 78 services listed. Of those, there are 35 New Sellers, 21 Level 1 Sellers, and 22 Level 2 Sellers. Since you are a new buyer, focus on the Level 2 sellers with the most reviews. I learned the hard way that it's not a good mix to be a New Buyer with a New Seller. Once you gain more experience with finding good sellers, you can start buying from Level 1 and New Sellers.

Note: what is shown on Fiverr's search page will only show their total reviews for that particular gig...click on their profile to see their total number of reviews. Read through all of the reviews and check out their portfolio to get a good understanding of how it would be like to work with that seller. Read how they respond to positive reviews (and negative ones).

Reach out to the sellers that you feel good about, and pay close attention to how they communicate with you through the inbox chats. If they offer video consultations, hop on a video call to do a quick vibe check. If your spidey senses tells you not to work with a seller (even though everything else checks out fine), don't work with them. Move on to the next seller on your list.

• Like 3