Multiple accounts from the same household sharing the same IP address

dharam_house

Question

I have 5 family members living in my household who are interested in joining Fiverr. We share one internet connection. Is it possible for all of us to create Fiverr accounts using the same IP address? Or does Fiverr detect and restrict multiple accounts from the same IP?

If each family member uses their own unique identification and bank account when creating a profile, will Fiverr still potentially ban the accounts for being associated with the same IP?

• Like 6

6 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, dharam_house said:

I have 5 family members living in my household who are interested in joining Fiverr. We share one internet connection. Is it possible for all of us to create Fiverr accounts using the same IP address? Or does Fiverr detect and restrict multiple accounts from the same IP?

If each family member uses their own unique identification and bank account when creating a profile, will Fiverr still potentially ban the accounts for being associated with the same IP?

I am interested with this question

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dharam_house said:

You should consider talking with customer support about this and see if it's ok, only Fiverr can tell you.

We are all sellers here, aside from some Fiverr staff replying to questions. I think it would be an issue, because there are so many accounts. But as I said, only Fiverr's team can tell you if it's fine or not. 

My advice: Go to customer support now and ask them, don't create any accounts for those people until Fiverr says it's fine. If they say it's not ok then.. clearly you can't. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dharam_house said:

Possibly, if they create their account before you talk to Customer Support and explain your situation to them.

Generally speaking, they do allow members of the same household to have their own accounts, but there are certain rules. Everyone needs their own email address, ID, withdrawal provider account (Paypal or Payoneer), they're not allowed to communicate with each other through Fiverr (or, even worse, buy from each other), and they can't offer the same services.

Anyway, talk to Customer Support first, and tell your family members not to create their accounts until Customer Support says that it's ok. Or everyone, including you, could lose their account, and never be allowed to return to Fiverr.

• Like 4

Guest francesca769

But it seems so absurd. What about students who live in the same dorms and sell on fiverr? with the same internet connection, when I was at university we were all illustrators. There were 10 illustrators in the same building, so we couldn't work? and who does co-working?

41 minutes ago, francesca769 said:

But it seems so absurd. What about students who live in the same dorms and sell on fiverr? with the same internet connection, when I was at university we were all illustrators. There were 10 illustrators in the same building, so we couldn't work? and who does co-working?

You would think that people go to the university to study 😄 Not to freelance.

There might be 10 illustrators in the building, but do they all have the same IP? Also, are they all selling on Fiverr? 🙂

• Like 3

Guest francesca769

When I was studying I also worked to support my studies... It's not such a strange thing. But I'm old at the time there was no FIVERR lol, so I studied and even went to wash the dishes. And I graduated with honors.
I wish there had been this opportunity! I definitely would have used it.