Extension after deadline "Late" order

sheepkiller07

Question

Hi all,

I would like to know what happens when the order is late (6 hours) and then when I came to know that the order is late then I requested time extension.

The delay isn't due to me its due to the buyer. The buyer is supposed to give me some accounts to deploy the work on but he doesn't have them ready yet.

Now Its been around 5-6 hours since the order deadline has been passed, the buyer is offline most probably due to holiday. 

What can I do. Will I take the negative rating hit? if yes then how much % I am at 100% right now.

What about if buyer accepts the resolution, still it'll affect my profile since I'd opened the resolution 2 hours late? I can tell the support clearly with proof if they can help me solving this issue

Please help 

Thanks all

• Like 7

5 answers to this question

First of all, setting a realistic timeframe for the order delivery is always recommended. If you know that there is some information pending on the buyer's side, then ensure he comes up with the complete information before stating the order. One way to ensure this is to include it in the gig requirements page so it doesn't get skipped. Or you can use the milestones option to do the order in portions.

Secondly, you can use the Resolution Center to request an increase in the delivery time. Once it's approved by the buyer, it will not affect your overall delivery time. But you need to take account of the time taken to approve the extension request and modify your extension request accordingly.

Hope it answers your question. 🙂

• Like 6

16 hours ago, dev_moon said:

Secondly, you can use the Resolution Center to request an increase in the delivery time. Once it's approved by the buyer, it will not affect your overall delivery time. But you need to take account of the time taken to approve the extension request and modify your extension request accordingly.

Thanks for all of the info but I still don't know whether I'll take the negative hit or not. 

Can you please let me know about it. My buyer has accepted my resolution though which I opened 2 hours late and buyer accepted it after 12 hours. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, sheepkiller07 said:

Thanks for all of the info but I still don't know whether I'll take the negative hit or not. 

Most likely you will. If you sent an extension when the order was already late then no matter when buyer accepts is your stats will take a hit as I remember. 
and percentage depends on how many completed orders you have in the period of the last 60 days and only you yourself can calculate that. 

• Like 3
  • Up 2

On 12/26/2023 at 4:01 PM, sheepkiller07 said:

The delay isn't due to me it's due to the buyer. The buyer is supposed to give me some accounts to deploy the work on but he doesn't have them ready yet.

It would have been best to request the extension before the order became late. Then, you would not be facing a negative hit to your stats. 

• Like 3