Buyer place order twice what should do?

oymusafir

Question

It's confusing and somewhat hilarious 😶. His reason for wanting to purchase again is that he found a $5 discount code, so he wants to cancel the first order and proceed with the latest one 😓. What should I do so that my statistics won't be affected when the order gets canceled?

• Like 8

5 answers to this question

Hi @oymusafir, This shouldn't be a problem - Fiverr also changed the rules last year so that a cancelation doesn't affect your stats if the buyer reorders from you within the next two weeks (and if it does affect your stats, CS will quickly change that for you). Normally you don't have to get CS involved - your stats should automatically adjust when the second order is placed. However, when the second order is placed before the first order is canceled, you will have to reach out to CS to adjust your stats. Just show screenshots of your conversation with the buyer to show why the buyer wants to cancel the first order.

Whenever you have cancelations, just remember that cancelations due to buyer error should never affect your stats. I once had a buyer who canceled 5 times because she couldn't properly apply her Honey coupon. She didn't submit her order requirements so it didn't affect my account at all. I've also had buyers place orders (and their order requirements) only to realize moments later that they didn't need the order anymore. So we canceled those orders, too. Fiverr Customer Support also made sure that those cancelations did not affect my seller statistics.

Just make sure to communicate with your buyers so that they are taken care of and that it is clear to anyone reading the conversation that the cancelation is due to buyer error. As long as you do that, CS should not have any issues fixing your stats for you. 

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 8
  • Up 3

17 hours ago, vickieito said:

Fiverr Customer Support also made sure that those cancelations did not affect my seller statistics.

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. Yes, I already asked the buyer to request the cancellation of the order while mentioning his mistake. He sent me the request, and I accepted it. I also sent a screenshot to customer support, and they responded...

image.png.3b35ac91ff758780f18c27f3c2e0ab39.png

But my completion rate was at 98% before. After this cancellation, it dropped to 97%. also that canceled order is still visible in the canceled orders. So, whatever they remove, that order will still remain in canceled orders for the next 60 days. By the way, thank you again. Have a great day!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, oymusafir said:

But my completion rate was at 98% before. After this cancellation, it dropped to 97%.

But after that, I replied to them.

image.png.c52b6ff7510de15025e13ef970d31981.png

And just now, I checked, and they responded back

image.png.b4a87aff98b970e5f5cd4baf9a61fdbd.png

It got fixed. Thank you @vickieito , once again for sharing your experience. This information was really helpful.

• Like 5
  • Congrats! 1