HELP! I need help deciding which image is best for my gig

borja_lopez

The last one, but I think you should play around more with the images, the fonts and the background color. I think using the yellow from the middle isn't a bad idea or orange might give it a nice pop too. I'd remove the sound waves, they're a little random. Maybe use elements that are more aligned with what your gig offers. Also, I think you should specify "fast delivery". Is that 24 hours or 6 hours? 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pamatk said:

The last one, but I think you should play around more with the images, the fonts and the background color. I think using the yellow from the middle isn't a bad idea or orange might give it a nice pop too. I'd remove the sound waves, they're a little random. Maybe use elements that are more aligned with what your gig offers. Also, I think you should specify "fast delivery". Is that 24 hours or 6 hours? 

Thank you for your opinion. I Will try to change the font and background color. Which color would you use for text and background?

• Like 10

Hello @borja_lopez! Since you asked for an opinion on how to improve your gig's thumbnail, here's my take on it.

So, let's start!
First of all, I would get rid of the first and third proposals and I would focus my efforts on improving the second one.

We can consider that one as a kind of advanced sketch, basically a concept to work on.
If we compare your thumbnails we can see that you dared more on the yellow one by adding a "dynamic" painted shape (yes, this flat shape, compared to a floating circle, can be considered dynamic).
But placing it in that way is not going to give the right emphasis on the 3D topic so exploring different solutions is the way to go.
When we talk about 3D, we talk about volume and perspective, so we must keep in mind these two aspects and play with them.

Now we have to research and select some 3D elements to make the composition.
Since I'm not a 3D artist I searched for free for commercial use images, but in your case, you can use the objects created by you or you can simply create one from scratch.

I chose some abstract lines and circles to place them in different layers to create a bit of depth between elements.
After that, I cropped your 3D object and I changed color and contrast to make it brighter and stronger.

Then I needed to choose a color to help the 3D object get noticed so I started to apply some color theories.
I opted for the complementary color theory and, technically, the one associated with yellow is violet, but if you check some wider hues you can spot a sort of blue-violet as a complementary so I chose it and made it darker to enhance the contrast even more.

Here are the elements I used to create my graphic:

After deciding the colors of my graphic, I re-colored the selected 3D elements and placed them on the canvas.
Here I didn't apply many design rules since most of the decisions on positioning and balancing come from personal design taste, which is good, because you should personalize it with your graphic touch.

When designing, playing with contrasts is important, the design direction shouldn't always be linear, and adding a bit of "unexpected" could be the right move.
For instance, the whole thumbnail is made with several 3D elements, except flat text. In this case, you have a sort of 80%/20% ratio between 3D and flat elements which makes the combination well-balanced.

In this case, I decided to make the texts look flat, but only on the preview version of the thumbnail, if you click on it you'll see more details and you'll find that there is a little bright blue highlighting a 3D shape like there is a little light on the bottom of the word.
Then I applied some yellow text, not really readable in the preview, but it could be a way to attract the viewer to click on it.

Ok, now it's time to see the final result:

And this is how it looks on your profile page:

Does it stand out or not? 👀

Now Imagine this style applied to all your thumbnails, entirely based on two colors or with two colors with one based on the chosen 3D object. I think it rocks!
Keep in mind that the thumbnail conversion rate should be monitored, and testing little changes over a long period will help you understand how to create an effective message for your ideal client, so consider it as a starting point.

About design:
In this case, I didn't have other real 3D elements to play with, instead, I used some abstract shapes, indeed I would preferred some industrial elements to make it more "personal".
By making this post I wanted to show you how I would improve a thumbnail and, tell people reading, we must always keep in mind to design with a reason in mind (reasons coming from previous research, of course).

Important notes:
Getting inspired by others is good, but don't copy it, always personalize your graphics based on your needs!
Avoid offering "unlimited revisions" or you will be exploited unlimitedly. 

That's all for now and thanks for reading my opinion.
Have a nice day 😊

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

On 12/23/2023 at 3:15 PM, edc_lab said:

Hello @borja_lopez! Since you asked for an opinion on how to improve your gig's thumbnail, here's my take on it.

So, let's start!
First of all, I would get rid of the first and third proposals and I would focus my efforts on improving the second one.

We can consider that one as a kind of advanced sketch, basically a concept to work on.
If we compare your thumbnails we can see that you dared more on the yellow one by adding a "dynamic" painted shape (yes, this flat shape, compared to a floating circle, can be considered dynamic).
But placing it in that way is not going to give the right emphasis on the 3D topic so exploring different solutions is the way to go.
When we talk about 3D, we talk about volume and perspective, so we must keep in mind these two aspects and play with them.

Since I'm not a 3D artist I searched for free for commercial use images, but in your case, you can use the objects created by you or you can simply create one from scratch.

I chose some abstract lines and circles to place them in different layers to create a bit of depth between elements.
After that, I cropped your 3D object and I changed color and contrast to make it brighter and stronger.

Then I needed to choose a color to help the 3D object get noticed so I started to apply some color theories.
I opted for the complementary color theory and, technically, the one associated with yellow is violet, but if you check some wider hues you can spot a sort of blue-violet as a complementary so I chose it and made it darker to enhance the contrast even more.

image.jpeg.39bef8623e74287cb34f5487795dbf55.jpeg

After deciding the colors of my graphic, I re-colored the selected 3D elements and placed them on the canvas.
Here I didn't apply many design rules since most of the decisions on positioning and balancing come from personal design taste, which is good, because you should personalize it with your graphic touch.

When designing, playing with contrasts is important, the design direction shouldn't always be linear, and adding a bit of "unexpected" could be the right move.
For instance, the whole thumbnail is made with several 3D elements, except flat text. In this case, you have a sort of 80%/20% ratio between 3D and flat elements which makes the combination well-balanced.

In this case, I decided to make the texts look flat, but only on the preview version of the thumbnail, if you click on it you'll see more details and you'll find that there is a little bright blue highlighting a 3D shape like there is a little light on the bottom of the word.
Then I applied some yellow text, not really readable in the preview, but it could be a way to attract the viewer to click on it.

image.jpeg.0f34d7d88e8dcdff430b78dfd0e00c27.jpeg

image.jpeg.f03df3bbe38659c7a723406c889e630b.jpeg

Does it stand out or not? 👀

Now Imagine this style applied to all your thumbnails, entirely based on two colors or with two colors with one based on the chosen 3D object. I think it rocks!
Keep in mind that the thumbnail conversion rate should be monitored, and testing little changes over a long period will help you understand how to create an effective message for your ideal client, so consider it as a starting point.

About design:
In this case, I didn't have other real 3D elements to play with, instead, I used some abstract shapes, indeed I would preferred some industrial elements to make it more "personal".
By making this post I wanted to show you how I would improve a thumbnail and, tell people reading, we must always keep in mind to design with a reason in mind (reasons coming from previous research, of course).

Important notes:
Getting inspired by others is good, but don't copy it, always personalize your graphics based on your needs!
Avoid offering "unlimited revisions" or you will be exploited unlimitedly. 

Have a nice day 😊

Thank you so much for taking the time to show me how to make my gig thumbnail, I really appreciate it. As soon as I have some time I will try to simulate the proposed thumbnail and see how it works in the gig. Thank you very much again.

• Like 10

On 12/23/2023 at 9:35 PM, abdelmouinetrab said:

Hey, Like you see ... they all quite simple but with the competition around you'll need to really stand out. I'm a graphic designer an i can help you design a gig image that might land you clicks and sales, From a fellow Fiverr seller.

I agree with this perspective. I designed my first few gig images by myself. After engaging the services of other designers (on Fiverr), I got visually appealing images that not only looked good to me but also boosted my confidence in their ability to attract more interest from potential clients.

However, I must point out that optimizing your gig image is only part of the equation. Your ability to communicate effectively with potential clients is ultimately what makes the real difference.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 12/24/2023 at 8:28 PM, borja_lopez said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to show me how to make my gig thumbnail, I really appreciate it. As soon as I have some time I will try to simulate the proposed thumbnail and see how it works in the gig. Thank you very much again.

I'm happy to read that, really! Keep up the good work and good luck with Fiverr! Bye! :classic_smile:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hello @borja_lopez
Since you asked for an opinion on how to improve your gig's thumbnail, here's my take on it.

So, let's start!

image.jpeg.15a798c179fe9f72c70e35b6678d677a.jpeg

In this case, I decided to make the texts look flat, but only on the preview version of the thumbnail, indeed, if you click on it you'll see more details and you'll find that there is a little bright blue highlighting a 3D shape like there is a little light on the bottom of the word.

image.jpeg.269d058119db41f856f64a1579126bef.jpeg

image.jpeg.8bf799ac6389c43730a958482d0826da.jpeg

Does it stand out or not? 👀

About design:
In this case, I didn't have other real 3D elements to play with, instead, I used some abstract shapes, indeed, I would preferred some industrial elements to make it more "personal".
By making this post I wanted to show you how I would improve a thumbnail and, tell people reading, that we must always keep in mind to design with a reason in mind (reasons coming from previous research, of course).

Important notes:
Avoid offering "unlimited revisions" or you will be exploited unlimitedly.

Have a nice day! :classic_smile:

• Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/5/2024 at 6:18 PM, strategist_ceo said:

Looks so much better ^^

That's a-lot of effort! @edc_lab very nice of you

I don't know why I missed this message!
On those days I noticed an increase in people opening topics and asking how they could improve their thumbnails so I decided to make a detailed post to link them when needed.
Later, I noticed a little graphic mistake in one of the images I made and I asked the CS if they could edit the post with the fixed one.
It ended up with them removing all the images inside the post without updating my message with the new image and I was forced to repost it, otherwise, it wouldn't make much sense.
Maybe one day I will make a topic on that, who knows!

Thank you so much, I really appreciated your comment!
Bye! :classic_smile:

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 9:50 PM, borja_lopez said:

Hi! After making several types of images to promote my gig, I need your help to give me an opinion on which image I should use. I have attached 3 options. Please help me to improve my gig image. Opcion2.png.d4ff2f13a886b13eac2ecf30d3974223.pngOpcion3.png.e1e4c51259e7a710c09dbf3682475d14.pngOpcion1.png.992174aafb612f318116669fd2abb8e8.png 

3rd one will be best.

Suggestion: you can change the background of the 3rd image with some eye-catching colors.

• Like 2