Who all is an Entrepreneur here?

safwan

To me, my Gigs are an experiment and a way to gain experience. I have a full-time job, and I do my Gigs outside of it to build myself a portfolio, find out what the market’s like and meet buyers and sellers. I wouldn’t go full-time entrepeneur, freelancer or Fiverree without having some serious reserves.

I’ve was doing website related stuff (I’d developed a few websites, and earn a bit of income from it via affiliate-selling related programs that I’d promote and get a percentage of sale I brought in from that) - I used to earn “ok” from it for a few years. Then I had a big move, literally, and I lived in a different country for several years and that biz slipped away from me / I wasn’t able to maintain it. Now I’ve returned back to my home-country a few years ago. I’m struggling to get back-on-my-feet here ever since. I’ve tried doing a bit of website-related stuff like that since returning home, but things have changed so much, and I currently don’t earn much from that.

So, I’ve been also working on other ideas and goals…

I just recently, a few weeks ago, released my first music album online (and it’s available on places like BandCamp, iTunes, etc…). I’m hoping it will do well. No real sales from it yet though (it’s tough being an “unknown” and trying to break into that). I’ve been trying to get in doing more promos for it. I’ll keep working away at it. I’m also working on some new music-tracks towards releasing another album.

For a couple of years (a while after I returned back home) I developed, and then was trying to sell, I guess what could be called it a “game” for PC (but it’s more of an addon though, it’s not a stand-alone app, and requires a base program/software to use it). It was a train-route & scenarios addons for a Train-Simulator program. But that’s such a small niche target audience, and the company that makes the Train-Sim software has gotten greedy and changed their policies and such a while ago, making it more and more difficult for 3rd-Party / Independents to be able to develop and sell addons they create for use with it, so I’ve moved away from that as it’s basically a dead-end now.

Since then, for the last couple of years I’ve also been working on developing a classic styled Role Playing Game (RPG) for PC (and I also have another one in the works). I’ve still got a lot of work to do on them before they’re fully developed and ready for release. I have my main game project submitted to Steam Greenlight (it’s been there for about a year now, but not enough “Yes” votes yet though to have it Green-lit there, but it’s currently at around 65% of the way. I might get there eventually. If not, when it’s fully developed I’ll still release it and try to distribute it myself and via other places anyways).

And I’m recently trying the idea of being a Seller on Fiverr (and a few other sites like Fiverr, though Fiverr seems to be the top one for this type of thing in what it does). No orders yet though for any of my Gigs. 😛 So, that’s a few of my things I’m working on, that may be considered an “online business”.

Aside from that, non-computer / non-online stuff I do currently is work as a Care-Giver for my elderly Mom, and teach the occasional private lessons in Martial-Arts.

Cheers! 🙂

An Entrepreneur? That person who is his/her own boss with a laptop at the beach (when the sun isn’t so bright you can’t see your screen)? I have two (2) monthly pensions and invest most of it into Fiverr like sites trying to build a demo WordPress e-commerce tourism related site that I can duplicate (child theme) into a network so I can begin producing local TV shows around them. Currently visiting India to locate affordable programmers so I can watch over their shoulders (a must) and instruct them on what I want them to accomplish.

Hey Guys…

Great to hear back from you all and it was interesting to read your experiences. I wish you all the best of luck and success in the coming years.

Currently, I work as a Marketing Manager / Commodity trader we supply metals and minerals to China, India and a few other countries. It is a tough business to be in. You need determination, patience and persistence. Once you close a deal you are set for life 🙂

On the side I work as a freelance marketing and business development consultant.

I also write ebooks, I sell business documents on fiverr and a few other places in order to help other business owners out so they can have all business documents / reports in order before they start their business.

Also, I had created 2 app games for the iphone but both have been rejected because apple said it was against their guidelines. Weird part is that I have seen similar games like that already on the iphone and dont know why they rejected mine.

I am also in the process of starting an app development company.

I work in the education industry. I also work as a social media manager for a small organization as well as owning a life coaching business.

I really enjoy helping people achieve both person and business goals. Fiverr allows me the opportunity to offer and receive professional and affordable services.

Archived