Why have the impressons and clicks on my gigs decreased significantly?

samanarch

Question

Hello everyone,
I joined Fiverr in August 2023 and tried to be active from day one, uploading high-quality gigs. The first month and a half were relatively good considering the circumstances, with decent impressions and gig clicks. I even managed to complete a small project. However, immediately after delivering the project, my profile's impressions dropped significantly. Previously, I used to receive around 10 spam messages daily, but since that date, I haven't received any spam messages at all.

I also received a 5-star review for the project I completed. Can anyone guide me on where I might be going wrong and how I can improve the situation?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 answers to this question

There could be various reasons for a decrease in impressions and clicks on your gigs, such as changes in the platform's algorithm, increased competition, or shifts in user behavior. Consider optimizing your gig titles, descriptions, and tags to better match current trends and user needs. Additionally, promoting your gigs through social media or other channels may help boost visibility.

• Like 4

Every seller should fulfill the buyer's demand. And so before starting the work one should discuss with the customer and get a proper idea about his needs. Many times it happens that the buyer gave you a 5 star review but he gave a negative feedback in the hidden review. Then the gig will lose its rank, resulting in fewer clicks and impressions. So, be friendly with the client, understand his needs well and perform the work accordingly and deliver the work within the specified time.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, uzzal32 said:

Every seller should fulfill the buyer's demand. And so before starting the work one should discuss with the customer and get a proper idea about his needs. Many times it happens that the buyer gave you a 5 star review but he gave a negative feedback in the hidden review. Then the gig will lose its rank, resulting in fewer clicks and impressions. So, be friendly with the client, understand his needs well and perform the work accordingly and deliver the work within the specified time.

Thank you very much for your response and everyone else's comments. I'll definitely try to implement the recommendations you provided.

Regarding that specific project, I'm quite confident that the buyer was completely satisfied because I delivered the work promptly and to the best of my ability. However, I truly wasn't aware that a buyer could leave a hidden review that might have a negative impact on the gig. Thank you for mentioning this point.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, samanarch said:

Hello everyone,
I joined Fiverr in August 2023 and tried to be active from day one, uploading high-quality gigs. The first month and a half were relatively good considering the circumstances, with decent impressions and gig clicks. I even managed to complete a small project. However, immediately after delivering the project, my profile's impressions dropped significantly. Previously, I used to receive around 10 spam messages daily, but since that date, I haven't received any spam messages at all.

I also received a 5-star review for the project I completed. Can anyone guide me on where I might be going wrong and how I can improve the situation?

Please ignore the copy-paste suggestions people keep repeating, which they learned from random YouTube videos. 

From my experience, it takes time during the initial phase for enquiries and orders to pick up. It is a good thing that you have crossed the 1st milestone of getting the 1st order. It is usually like 1st leading to 2nd order and so on and so forth, but it takes some time and perseverance. Also, initially, gig impressions are high because the algorithm pushes your gig and gives it exposure to figure out if you get picked by the buyers!!! Besides all this, currently we are all going through much lower impressions and enquiries but business usually picks up after New Year as a lot of businesses want to update/refurbish their business or marketing assets to kick start the new year on a good note!! 

In the mean time, you can research thoroughly on top performing gigs in your category - pick up nuances and best practices from them to update your gigs in December - so that you will be ready to receive business from January onwards!!

Good Luck!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Please ignore the copy-paste suggestions people keep repeating, which they learned from random YouTube videos. 

From my experience, it takes time during the initial phase for enquiries and orders to pick up. It is a good thing that you have crossed the 1st milestone of getting the 1st order. It is usually like 1st leading to 2nd order and so on and so forth, but it takes some time and perseverance. Also, initially, gig impressions are high because the algorithm pushes your gig and gives it exposure to figure out if you get picked by the buyers!!! Besides all this, currently we are all going through much lower impressions and enquiries but business usually picks up after New Year as a lot of businesses want to update/refurbish their business or marketing assets to kick start the new year on a good note!! 

In the mean time, you can research thoroughly on top performing gigs in your category - pick up nuances and best practices from them to update your gigs in December - so that you will be ready to receive business from January onwards!!

Good Luck!

Agree 100%

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Good Luck!

Thank you very much for the time you've dedicated and for providing these sincere recommendations to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1