Is the breakdown of fees clear to the buyer?

charlsmcfarlane

Question

I had a buyer get frustrated when I sent them a custom offer. I had quoted them an amount in USD in conversation. They then said the offer they received was for ten(ish) dollars more. I assumed this was fiverr’s fees on top but even after suggesting that to the buyer they said they just saw a different amount.

How can I avoid this in the future? Should I quote “US$200+Fiverr fees”, for example. I don’t really want to highlight that considering it’s not me charging them extra. Or, is it clearly laid out and this buyer was just not seeing the distinction between my offer and the accompanying fees?

Thanks

• Like 8

4 answers to this question

It's not a matter only of Fiverr fees. The main issue is the currency difference you need to clear during the deal which country currency are they going to ask Canadian dollar and the US dollar both have different values there are many other currencies that have the same name but different values so you should need to clear the dollar with currently. 

Fees are always mentioned clearly during client payment for accepting the offer. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, pixel_editor197 said:

It's not a matter only of Fiverr fees. The main issue is the currency difference you need to clear during the deal which country currency are they going to ask Canadian dollar and the US dollar both have different values there are many other currencies that have the same name but different values so you should need to clear the dollar with currently. 

Fees are always mentioned clearly during client payment for accepting the offer. 

True. This is why I’ve recently started being very specific when I quote. I always define the currency very clearly – US$, for example.

I did wonder if it was a currency disparity but in this case, the buyer was working in USD and so was I.

• Like 8