Why is Category greyed out?

optinmagnets

Question

Hello everyone,

I have a quick question: Editing my gigs, whenever I try to change the gig category, the main category seems to be greyed out (uneditable). I don't remember encountering this problem before🤔Is this some new behavior (I was admittedly away from Fiverr for a couple of years), or maybe a bug?

Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Stay safe,

AB

Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 02-56-59 Find the best global talent.png

• Like 9

6 answers to this question

Hi @optinmagnets,

Fiverr doesn't allow you to repurpose gigs from one category to another, so that option is uneditable (only subcategories are editable).

If a new category is needed, a new gig needs to be created. So you really need to make sure that you research properly before creating your gigs to ensure they are in the right category. Otherwise, you might not get good visibility in search and you might have to delete a gig with reviews on it so that you can create a new gig in the right category.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3

Thanks @vickieito! 🙂

Yeah, that makes sense (for Fiverr).

Though I'm still not sure what the right category for my gigs would be, what would be the right "fit" audience-wise. That's why I've tried to figure out if some related categories may bring more impressions and clicks.

Now, to delete the old gigs or not, that is a question... 😓

• Like 7

Hey @vickieito, thank you for asking 😁I offer prewritten lead magnets on various topics (copy + design + email sequence), so I feel that any subcategory in Graphic and Design wouldn't really fit - these are populated with gigs from graphic design artists, and I'm more of an all-round digital marketer. Lead (i.e. optin) magnets may fit in the Email marketing category and Digital marketing category too, but again - not perfectly. I feel like the right category/subcategory for my gigs doesn't exist on Fiverr at this moment. 🤔

• Like 5

3 hours ago, optinmagnets said:

I feel like the right category/subcategory for my gigs doesn't exist on Fiverr at this moment. 🤔

Why don't you split your services into the different categories you mentioned? Have several gigs in Graphic and Design, several in Email marketing, and several in the Digital Marketing category? You don't have to lump all your services in one gig.

I used to offer resume writing + cover letters + LinkedIn profile updates all in the same gig and just recently divided them up into three, separate gigs. Now buyers place three separate orders, rather than one, and one deliverable isn't pending on the delivery of the other. It also allows me to break down each service into different packages so that I can charge more for each service and maximize the value that I provide to my buyers.

• Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3