Me up against the "world"?

william_c_s

Question

How does someone new in the voice actor / voice over industry get noticed here on Fiverr, when all the top sellers are what people see first?? Who's going to want to search God knows how many pages for a voice artist for God knows how long it would take, before they reach a new person like myself?

• Like 7

5 answers to this question

Buyers can sort by "new sellers", so you'll have at least some chance of being seen there. I sometimes use that filter as a buyer.

Otherwise, one of the best ways to stand out is to offer very, very low prices in the beginning just to get some reviews so buyers start trusting you and then increase your prices gradually. That's how I did it.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 10
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, william_c_s said:

Who's going to want to search God knows how many pages

I think this is not completely true as I see new sellers on first pages all the time and gigs do rotate every now and then. So eventually you will have your exposure.

First sale is the most critical one in my opinion, if you somehow get past that it gets a little easier afterwards.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, vibronx said:

Buyers can sort by "new sellers", so you'll have at least some chance of being seen there

Though that sort is for "newest arrivals", which is gigs up to around 30 days old/since published, so it will have sellers of all levels there if they have a gig added/published that recently.

• Like 5

To update my post above - it might only show them in the "new arrivals" sort if it's in the last month (ie. not necessarily the full 30 days back). I thought it used to show more there before but I just looked and it's not showing that many (if you filter by stuff like country). eg. so if it's the 9th of the month it might only show them for the last 9 days in that sort currently I think.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4
  • Up 1

23 hours ago, vibronx said:

Buyers can sort by "new sellers", so you'll have at least some chance of being seen there. I sometimes use that filter as a buyer.

Otherwise, one of the best ways to stand out is to offer very, very low prices in the beginning just to get some reviews so buyers start trusting you and then increase your prices gradually. That's how I did it.

Thank you for telling me this; that makes me feel a little more confident. ;-)

• Like 3