I'm not able to complete a gig, but buyer doesn't want to cancel

anthony_derossi

Question

Hello everyone,
I've started my first order in Fiverr by making a game for a customer. Everything was fine but 20 days after I started working on it... I realized that I can't handle the pressure cause I don't have time enough.

The problem cames out when I talk with the customer explaining this. He basically doesn't want to cancel because he says I have breached the contract and also wants to denounce me and have me pay a financial compensation.

I tried to talk with him in a nice way, but he keeps saying that he doesn't want to talk with me, that his lawyer will contact me very soon.

My question here is... Is this possible? I mean, can I be denounced for this?

Thanks.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2

3 answers to this question

Did you ask for an extension for more time? If you can actually do the job but need more time, that is an option.

If you can't actually do the service you offered, and the buyer won't accept a cancellation request, contact customer service.

This will, of course, be a negative mark against you. I highly doubt any lawyer would get involved with a Fiverr order when the client can simply get their money back, however.

• Like 10

While I do understand where your client is coming from, having wasted his time because you said you were able to do something you couldn’t do, you shouldn’t worry about his lawyer. Contact CS like @melanielm said and when the order is closed then just block him and move on.

Also, remove the mention of Discord from your gig description. You’re not allowed to communicate with clients outside the Fiverr platform.

EDIT: As a fellow game dev, I would also suggest you start out only offering to do very small projects, meaning projects you know you can definitely finish in one week, even with unexpected delays. When you have a decent amount of reviews, raise your prices by a lot, so you’ll be compensated fairly if you decide to build bigger games for clients.

EDIT 2: Why have you delivered an order 22 hours ago if you say you aren’t able to finish it? It’s supposed to be your very first order. You didn’t make an incomplete delivery, did you?

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 11
  • Up 1

Hello @vibronx.
Well, his lawyer just contacted me saying that I've to pay him 100€ for basically wasting his time and cause him damage and prejudice.
My experience on Fiverr was not good because of this (I know I could have done better) so I'll quit when this problem is solved... But thanks you a lot for your advises.
The only order I've delivered is a different one (this one was fast to make), and it's completed :).
The guy is saying that I've breached the contract... Is there any contract to break? Could he denounce saying that I have given him false hopes and wasted his time? There's no sense...
PD: The order is already cancelled thanks to the CS, but I wanted to cancel it because I've to make a lot of extra hours in my work (I'm indie game developer) so I had no time to work on Fiverr. I knew I was going to have to work so much overtime several days after I accepted the order. And I've explain this to the customer, but he got angry and started insulting me saying that I was a scoundrel and that I could shove my Trello up my a**.

• Like 4
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1