Why are my niche gigs getting less impressions and even fewer clicks than my more general ones?

emma_7134

Question

Greetings!

I recently created my first Gigs (most of them in writing and/or translation). After reading more than a few articles about "niching down" my Gigs, I decided to make more Gigs in specific areas of writing to increase my visibility on the platform. I started out with "edit and proofread any text in english or french", then turned that one into three different Gigs: "edit and proofread any academic text" (in English), "edit and proofread any creative text" (again, in English), and "edit and proofread any text in french". I've gotten very few impressions on these (granted, they've only been up for a few days), and by comparison my very general Gig ("translate any text from english to french and vice versa") has gotten more than 500 impressions and a dozen clicks in less than a week.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid (as I gather many new sellers are 😉) but is there a reason why this happens? Or else, how long do I have to wait before these new Gigs "gain weight"?

Cheers!

• Like 10

3 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, b2b_lead_genius said:

You can contact F.C.S. for that issue, and see what they say.

Why bother CS with it? They might be able to say something but it'll likely be just saying what the TOS states or one can already find on the forum. 

1 hour ago, emma_7134 said:

Greetings!

I recently created my first Gigs (most of them in writing and/or translation). After reading more than a few articles about "niching down" my Gigs, I decided to make more Gigs in specific areas of writing to increase my visibility on the platform. I started out with "edit and proofread any text in english or french", then turned that one into three different Gigs: "edit and proofread any academic text" (in English), "edit and proofread any creative text" (again, in English), and "edit and proofread any text in french". I've gotten very few impressions on these (granted, they've only been up for a few days), and by comparison my very general Gig ("translate any text from english to french and vice versa") has gotten more than 500 impressions and a dozen clicks in less than a week.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid (as I gather many new sellers are 😉) but is there a reason why this happens? Or else, how long do I have to wait before these new Gigs "gain weight"?

Cheers!

The way I view it - when you niche down, you target a more specific audience, right? There might be 1000 people looking for writer for example, but only 100 who are looking for say, a script writer for something specific. The benefit of this is that there's also less sellers 'competing', so your chance at getting an order is likely higher. 

I wouldn't worry too much about impressions first, just see what works out order wise. There's loads of new sellers though so it takes a while to really get going but if you're honest and genuinely good at what you offer you're already ahead of the competition in that sense. 

Wait a few weeks, experiment with gigs and pricing if nothing seems to work out and see what happens. 

• Like 4