How Long Does It Take For A Negative Review To Disappear From The First Five Relevant Reviews?

priyan87

Question

Hello.

I started freelancing on Fiverr in December 2020. At the moment, I am a level 2 seller. I received my first negative rating from a buyer on 15 June 2023. And I received 11 positive reviews after that day. Today is 07 September 2023, but that single negative rating still appears among my first five relevant reviews.

My question is this. How long does it take for a rating to go down on the Relevant Review list and disappear from the first five reviews? Your input is much appreciated.

Best regards,
Priyan

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

8 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, idreamofekom said:

It doesn't disappear, except you delete the Gig that has the negative review

As @filipdevaere said, negative reviews stay on a profile forever. 

@priyan87, The more significant issue than the review staying on your profile is the negative private review the buyer will more than likely leave for you. Such a review can affect your visibility in the buyer's searches for anywhere from 30 to 180 days. I see the buyer who left the negative review said you would not cancel the order, so at least you got to keep your money. Fiverr now lets buyers of canceled orders leave reviews, so it would not have helped you to cancel at any rate.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, priyan87 said:

Today is 07 September 2023, but that single negative rating still appears among my first five relevant reviews.

My question is this. How long does it take for a rating to go down on the Relevant Review list

The length of the review is likely one thing that's making it seem more relevant for Fiverr. If it had been a much shorter review it would probably have moved further down the list if there had been other more recent reviews (especially if the new ones were longer).

The "helpful" question next to each review will also likely go towards a relevancy score for the reviews. So it will likely depend on those.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 8
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, idreamofekom said:

It doesn't disappear, except you delete the Gig that has the negative review

@idreamofekom, thank you for your input. But as @filipdevaere said, reviews remain in your profile. In light of that fact, I never intended to make that negative review disappear from the reviews. I am just trying to know how long it lasts among the first five in the relevant reviews.

31 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

The more significant issue than the review staying on your profile is the negative private review the buyer will more than likely leave for you.

@vickiespencer, thank you for your input. But the more significant issue for me here is the negative review still visible among my first five reviews in the relevant reviews list than the negative private feedback. Becasue a potential client may see it as soon as they visit my profile or gig. If and when it went down in the relevant reviews list (disappeared from the first five reviews), they would not be able to see it as they do now.

42 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Such a review can affect your visibility in the buyer's searches for anywhere from 30 to 180 days. I see the buyer who left the negative review said you would not cancel the order, so at least you got to keep your money. Fiverr now lets buyers of canceled orders leave reviews, so it would not have helped you to cancel at any rate.  

Yes, I am aware.

42 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

The length of the review is likely one thing that's making it seem more relevant for Fiverr. If it had been a much shorter review it would probably have moved further down

@uk1000, thank you for your input. Exactly, that is what I was doubting. Being a Fiverr Select buyer, the buyer had +650 characters to write his review. But I only had 350 characters to write my reply to his review. So, I had to send my 696-character long review reply to Fiverr CS to post it on my behalf. If Fiverr had taken the length of the review reply I wrote into consideration as well, I might have made it worse. 🤦🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, uk1000 said:

The "helpful" question next to each review will also likely go towards a relevancy score for the reviews. So it will likely depend on those.

Yes, it must be. And I doubt the type of buyer (Fiverr Select) also plays a part in this.

• Like 5
  • Up 2