Sellers Add On Extras - Buyers Approve/Deny

I find that a lot of the delivery period is wasted with the back-and-forth between seller/buyer trying to explain what extras they need to add onto the order before it can start. They say they want X but only paid for Y and it’s impossible to explain what they need to do on their end to make up the difference.

It would be fantastic if sellers could add gig extras onto the order, which the buyer would then approve or deny. That way the less-than-tech-savvy buyers can still get everything, rather than just giving up when it’s confusing for them, and sellers can cut downtime by doing half of the order fixing process ourselves.

Obviously the buyer would approve or deny the additional costs to avoid sellers overcharging buyers without their consent.

For example: A client explicitly states in their order form that they want 500 word document but they only paid for the basic 250. I could add a pending +$20 to extend the word count with a message explaining what it’s for and then they can simply approve the added cost so that I can begin or decline the cost if they’re willing to settle for the basic 250 but were confused about what was offered.

This would definitely cut down on communication time.

Carrie

I see what you’re trying to say, but I don’t know how much help that would be. If buyers can’t figure out Extras (and believe me, I’ve had my fair share of trying to explain them), why would we think they could figure out pending Extras? We’d still have to explain why they need them and how to get them. They would still need to “approve” the cost, which they basically have to do now by just ordering the Extra. It sounds like the exact same thing in a different format (at least to me - maybe others would see it differently).

Usually what I would do is tell them to just order a second gig if they couldn’t figure out how to add an Extra. This worked most of the time, and it saved a lot of hassle.

And I think it would be a possibility for extra revenue on our end. Often buyers just give up on the extras and cut what they’re looking for to avoid the hassle. I think that it would be way easier if I could add a pending extra for what they want, explain how it works, and all they have to do is click approve.

I also think it would be a nice way to offer a tip suggestion after delivery. Add a pending $5 tip with a message upon their receipt of the product and then they can either approve the addition if they’re very satisfied or deny it and go on with what they had already paid.

Carrie

Yeah - I give buyers an option to add on a tip extra in my gigs, which many repeat buyers do each time, but it would be nice to add a pending tip request with the delivery of an order, like there is when you sign a receipt at a restaurant, so that buyers could easily say thanks for a job well done or just deny the application of the tip if they don’t want to pay more.

I figure I deserve a tip as much as a waitress and I think that a lot of people would be willing to add that gig extra on after delivery if it was conveniently placed in front of them and all they had to do was click ‘accept and add to order’ or ‘decline and do not add to order’.

Carrie

Archived