How much in real life does the "gig sharing in social media" work?

imeshekanayake

Question

I've seen many times that they ask to share you gig (new and old) in social media platforms to increase your impressions and sales? Has anyone really done that and earned success?

I'd like to know the expert opinion regarding this matter please 😊

Also, is it worth to run a social media ad campaign to direct potential buyers to my Fiverr gig instead of a personal website or such? (I don't have one actually 😁)

Thank you
Imesh

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

5 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, imeshekanayake said:

I've seen many times that they ask to share you gig (new and old) in social media platforms to increase your impressions and sales? Has anyone really done that and earned success?

I'd like to know the expert opinion regarding this matter please 😊

Also, is it worth to run a social media ad campaign to direct potential buyers to my Fiverr gig instead of a personal website or such? (I don't have one actually 😁)

Thank you
Imesh

It all depends on where exactly you are sharing and with whom.

For example, if your FB account has 200-300 in the friend list, and almost all of them are Family & Friends, and if you share your gigs even multiple times on your FB wall, do you think your family & friends will purchase your Gig? I guess No.

Please remember, if lots of people are visiting your gig by clicking, and if there are no orders, in a way it means that your gig is not doing well. So such impressions/clicks may not do any good to you.

However, if you have a lot of professional connections on say, Linkedin, sharing there "could" help you bit better.

• Like 12
  • Up 2

42 minutes ago, imeshekanayake said:

I've never promoted my services on social media personally, but several of my buyers have asked me if they could promote my services or share my gig links with their social media networks. I always get a nice boost in orders whenever that happens because these referrals trust me more (since they have been referred to my services by someone they know).

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2