Request to order bypass

I’m sure there are many reasons sellers appreciate the request to order feature but I’d imagine one of them is to gauge whether the buyer is someone they want to work with before the order starts.

As such, it would be helpful if there was a way of enabling a bypass to the request to order feature. For example, if I have a buyer I’ve worked with many times that provides clear briefs and is a just generally a joy to work with, I don’t need to vet them before they place an order.

There are a lot of ways this could be bypassed. The seller could have a trusted list of buyers or perhaps there could be an option that allows repeat buyers to bypass the request to order feature. It could also be done the other way around. For example, alongside the “block” button, a seller could have the option to make it so that buyer specifically can’t place an order and must message first.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
52 minutes ago, visualdelight said:

Hi there, as a Sellers Plus member I see this option is available. May I hear of any experiences using it? Would anyone strongly encourage it?

It depends on whether you need those features or not. Everyone's requirements are different. For example, I am only paying $40 just for the 'Request to Order' and 'Success Manager'. These are the two things that benefit me the most!

Request to Order is saving me from tons of unexpected cancellations, and my Success Manager is so supportive that I don't have the heart to cancel the membership, haha!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, visualdelight said:

Hi there, as a Sellers Plus member I see this option is available. May I hear of any experiences using it? Would anyone strongly encourage it?

Like @rawque_gulia mentioned, Request to Order can save you from potential cancelations. With the RTO activated you have an extra filter for confused buyers who place orders by mistake (happened to me). Also, you'll have one extra filter for deciding if you want to work with the potential customer. Some of them might not be very open to communication and for giving you all the needed details to provide the best work you can do, and that can result in cancelations, low ratings, headaches and a lot of extra work on your part. With RTO activated you can make sure to get all the needed details before starting the order, and if your potential customer refuses to communicate all the needed details, you can always say "no".

Because of the fact that you can "choose" who to work with, I strongly encourage using it.

I see no downsides for using it, at least in my market, where every order needs to be detailed to the last bit, since it's not a pure technical job and it involves very much artistic subjectivity. So I might say "yeah but I'm loosing the clients that don't want to press request to order, and they just want to order dirrectly", but at the same time, what good is a placed order that is not detailed and you end up creating something by guesses and assumptions and risk delivering unfitting work?

• Like 3
  • Up 2

On 6/15/2024 at 7:37 AM, rawque_gulia said:

It depends on whether you need those features or not. Everyone's requirements are different. For example, I am only paying $40 just for the 'Request to Order' and 'Success Manager'. These are the two things that benefit me the most!

Request to Order is saving me from tons of unexpected cancellations, and my Success Manager is so supportive that I don't have the heart to cancel the membership, haha!

On 6/16/2024 at 5:10 AM, hzsmith said:

Like @rawque_gulia mentioned, Request to Order can save you from potential cancelations. With the RTO activated you have an extra filter for confused buyers who place orders by mistake (happened to me). Also, you'll have one extra filter for deciding if you want to work with the potential customer. Some of them might not be very open to communication and for giving you all the needed details to provide the best work you can do, and that can result in cancelations, low ratings, headaches and a lot of extra work on your part. With RTO activated you can make sure to get all the needed details before starting the order, and if your potential customer refuses to communicate all the needed details, you can always say "no".

Because of the fact that you can "choose" who to work with, I strongly encourage using it.

I see no downsides for using it, at least in my market, where every order needs to be detailed to the last bit, since it's not a pure technical job and it involves very much artistic subjectivity. So I might say "yeah but I'm loosing the clients that don't want to press request to order, and they just want to order dirrectly", but at the same time, what good is a placed order that is not detailed and you end up creating something by guesses and assumptions and risk delivering unfitting work?

Ahh, thank you for sharing your thoughts. 🙂

• Like 1