If a seller has blocked me can I still see the profile?

sergiodargenio

Question

Hi, something strange happened, I contacted a seller that I am very interested in, and asked for a gig, politely (I have dozens completed projects with 5 stars with multiple sellers). I shared instructions and the seller replied that he would get back to me. However today the seller is not accepting messages, and I cannot see the profile page either. I was extremely polite, and so I really can't understand why I would be blocked. Also I was really interested in the seller so I'd like to know exactly what happened before proceeding to finding alternatives.

• Like 9

1 answer to this question

5 hours ago, sergiodargenio said:

I shared instructions and the seller replied that he would get back to me. However today the seller is not accepting messages,

If the seller said he would get back with you, wait until he gets back with you. And, if the seller takes too long to respond, simply look for another seller.

Sending too many messages to follow up may have caused the seller to block you because he might not want to work with a buyer who can't wait for a response and instead, sends multiple messages requesting updates or follow-ups.

I've had to block buyers who insist I'm the only one to take care of their request and I need to drop everything that I'm working on to respond to them. Sometimes I want to respond later in the day, and sometimes, after several days, especially if the project requires more time to review or if I have a high-priority project that needs to be taken care of before I can address the buyer. 

5 hours ago, sergiodargenio said:

and I cannot see the profile page either.

It also might be that the seller's account was shut down or under review by Fiverr. If you can't find the seller's account when you aren't logged into Fiverr, the account is no longer active on the platform.

• Like 8
  • Up 1