Buyers please support more sellers from 3rd world countries, Thanks!

josipvuka

Hi, I am here for 5 days now and I already saw the difference between USA/UK sellers (1st world countries) and sellers from countries like Croatia, India, Romania, Indonesia etc. 90% of buyers on Fiverr are people from USA,UK,Canada and they loves to buy from people in “1st world countries”. I know that normal but I think people need to beleve more in people from other countries. For exampe 5$ in poor countries is like 100$ in “1st world countries”. In India average salary is under 100$, in Croatia its 600$ etc… I just want to say that fact. Thanks for reading.

-Josip Vuka

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, I’m from Hungary and the minimum wage is here about $460/m (about net $280/m), but some people who don’t have job only earn only about $205/m.

The net wage here is about $2/h.

1 l milk costs about 70 cents.

2,5 l Coca Cola is about $1.65-$1.85.

1l gasoline costs about $1.81.

1 bus ticket is about $1.73

1 ticket to the cinema is $4.3-$6.5.

You are right, someone once told me that on fiverr this is always the case, but I didn’t believe it till I join. We all are the same no matter the colour and we have to patronizer one another’s business and service. Just as my friend said, $100 is like $10 000 dollars for someone living in a 3rd world country, Africa where Im from is even the worst. Im offering a lot for $5, since 5 days now, no one is interested. And I don’t see any risk in this because fiverr does’t pay a service provider if the job is not done, so why ignore people from the 3rd world country?

Well, I don’t know about anyone else, but I don’t even look at where the seller is from. I look at the gig itself, the samples, the feedback, etc, and then I make a decision on which gig is the best fit for my needs.

I once needed some music edited for time, and I contacted someone on Fiverr to get the job done. His English was terrible, but WOW did he do an awesome job! I ordered from him a couple of times and was happy with each purchase.

I know it seems like you’re at the bottom, but who knows what people use as criteria when they search. It may have nothing at all to do with where you’re from. Maybe there are just a lot of sellers from “first world” countries. Who knows? Just hang in there and keep working on improving every aspect of your business. Sales will come in due time. 😉

Do your job well, be professional with each and every customer and your country of origin will not matter at all. I’m from a third world country in Central America (Nicaragua). Maybe we don’t face the same bad reputation as some countries in other regions of the world, but the point is that your country will not matter once you have proven that your service is great.

josipvuka said: In India average salary is under 100$,

Fact no .1 Avg salary in India is not under 100$. Even Uneducated people in India earn a lot more than that. Its around 400-500$ here.

josipvuka said: For exampe 5$ in poor countries is like 100$ in "1st world countries"

Fact no 2. By making such post you are inviting buyers to exploit you and others belonging to these countries. You have mentioned that 5$ is equivalent to 100$ in 3rd world countries which is wrong. 5$ in 1st world countries is 5$ in 3rd world countries. Its not Like Apple will give me Iphone 5S for 130$ instead of 650$ just because I to belong India. 100$ is not even enough for paying rent in my country.

Get known for your Great Work, customer service and Quality not for cheap prices.

I think the main issue in regards to hiring sellers from third world or non-English speaking countries is that it can be hard to communicate your needs to the seller. If the seller can’t understand what you want then how can they deliver it to you?

Reply to @solow13: Problem is get 1st sale. If someone see my flag, that person think that I speak english bad but in reality 90% people of Croatia who are younger that 40 years speak english really well, we learn english in school for 12 years minimum, some students a lot more…

Reply to @goodgift: I agree with you. Most of the sales i made was from US,second Canada and some from Australia,only few from Asia. Anyhow it only work for my design gig (non performing gig). For video gig i think people still like to choose white people rather than black or asian (not intended being racist).

Reply to @emilyrose93: It’s pretty much true. I didn’t realize it before, because i thought “Hey, if you are working for international freelance website then you should be able to speak English”. I was surprise when a buyer ask me if i can speak English. However i also read some comment from buyer that you shouldn’t trust the flag, he said that he tried to order gig from seller with US flag but barely speak English.

Reply to @sammalothra: I agree with you. It’s really not true that $5 equal to $100. That is super ridiculous. I am from Indonesia but living in Ukraine. Both are not 1st world country and living standard is still pretty high, especially if you live in the city. Apartment rent can cost $400-$600/month in Kiev.

I am sorry to hear that. I’ve never lived in a “third world country”, but I’ve lived in Russia, a place where the differences are shockingly noticeable if you compare it to Europe. It is difficult nowadays to make money. I just hope that someday it will be easier for everybody to make a living and lead a healthy life. Take care!

For everyone trying to say that $5 does not equal $100, what I think what he’s getting at is CONVERSION RATES, and he’s using an exaggerated example to show that. To see what $5 USD is worth in each country, find an online currency converter.

Get the point? 😉

Reply to @sammalothra: I completely agree with you.

josipvuka said: 5$ in poor countries is like 100$ in "1st world countries"

That's not the case in our country. Even if we get a order each day, it will sum up to $150 for a month ( though it depends on us to increase the sales). The internet bills are 4 times a $5 gig or even more than that for one month.

I get few buyers who really think the same way and I need to make them understand. This will really put buyers in wrong notion that $5 is equal to a mountain in third world countries which is wrong.

What matters is that, "Quality Service and Work" for the deserving price.

Reply to @calocedrus: I wonder who lol

Reply to @josipvuka: To be honest with you. Country isnt so much important. I know from experience. I saw some Croatian girl with around 1k sales, I am ok with sales too. It is just hard to begin. Once you start to sell your gigs it will be much easier. Everyone has problem with starting. You will get your first sell sooner or later.

Remember. Somewhere in the world someone will need your gig and it will buy it. You just need to wait.

Archived