When will I stop receiving scam messages?

m_espinosa_

Question

Hi, I'm a new seller on Fiverr. I am aware of scams, my questions are,

How long should I wait until I stop receiving these messages?

Do they happen all the time? Does being a "new seller" make me vulnerable?...Or,  it probably happens to everyone, even if they have been sellers for a long time.

I understand that the presentation as a "new user" makes me look vulnerable on the platform and someone easy to fool, of course, this is not the case, but then,

How do I receive real offers, and stop receiving scams all the time? 

Thank you for taking the time to read my questions. I hope to get functional answers.

• Like 8

5 answers to this question

I'm a TRS and I get more spam now than ever before. I think when it comes to the telegram bots (or people, who knows) they don't really check who you are. They might scope out the NEW ARRIVALS page from time to time but trust me they also bug basically everyone else. The more places you pop up at, the worst it gets basically.

There's other scams as well of course. Maybe you might get targeted more by people who want to 'pay later to test you' or something but honestly I have them from time to time as well (and some aren't even scammers just new to the site.) 

As for just spammers who are new sellers asking for work I notice that to be sort of periodical. Maybe whenever a new video telling people to do it (though it's against the TOS) is out? 

But yeah, I wouldn't have high hopes it will wane much. Mark as spam and try to ignore them as much as you can (but it's not great for sure.)

• Like 6
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, m_espinosa_ said:

Hi, I'm a new seller on Fiverr. I am aware of scams, my questions are,

How long should I wait until I stop receiving these messages?

Do they happen all the time? Does being a "new seller" make me vulnerable?...Or,  it probably happens to everyone, even if they have been sellers for a long time.

I understand that the presentation as a "new user" makes me look vulnerable on the platform and someone easy to fool, of course, this is not the case, but then,

How do I receive real offers, and stop receiving scams all the time? 

Thank you for taking the time to read my questions. I hope to get functional answers.

You can ignore it,
It means your gigs are ranking 🙂

• Like 5