Auto-thanks when order is placed

The automated message feature is great for assuring a customer that you will get back to them soon and providing them with some resources to review etc.

I’d love the ability to have these within the order chat, so I can write a “thank you for your order” message that’s automatically sent when someone places an order. I think it would be important to mark these messages, so the buyer knows it’s automated, but it would be great to have a place to share information etc.

One big thing would be that one could include some important FAQs, or one’s personal stance on revisions etc.

Obviously it’s good to have these in the description, FAQs and so on, but no matter how clearly things are stated, sometimes a buyer will place an order without fully reading these things.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

I think it would be important to mark these messages, so the buyer knows it’s automated, but it would be great to have a place to share information etc.

The thing is, you don't want the message to feel automatic, which might happen for some buyers. I always try to be very specific and ask questions within the first message I sent. If the first message you send is a thank you message, you can have a fast reply saved and you click on it.

I don't think Fiverr will implement this because I am pretty sure they are also tracking how fast sellers reply on the order page, if you check on the dashboard you have an order response rate. I don't know if that factors into the algorithm, but I assume it does. So yeah, it would become obsolete if you have an automatic system. As always, it comes down to keeping buyers happy and an automated message might not work if your buyer is asking a question and you are sending a random, general thank you message. As always, that's my opinion.

1.jpg.023a5179e563583050a116805b89d464.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

The thing is, you don't want the message to feel automatic, which might happen for some buyers. I always try to be very specific and ask questions within the first message I sent. If the first message you send is a thank you message, you can have a fast reply saved and you click on it.

I don't think Fiverr will implement this because I am pretty sure they are also tracking how fast sellers reply on the order page, if you check on the dashboard you have an order response rate. I don't know if that factors into the algorithm, but I assume it does. So yeah, it would become obsolete if you have an automatic system. As always, it comes down to keeping buyers happy and an automated message might not work if your buyer is asking a question and you are sending a random, general thank you message. As always, that's my opinion.

1.jpg.023a5179e563583050a116805b89d464.jpg

Thanks. I guess the way to make something like this work is to have the message clearly marked as an automated message and not affect your inbox response time, just like how the automated reply feature in the inbox doesn’t affect your response time metric.

Here’s the automated reply I have set up in my inbox, for example

“Hi.

Thanks for getting in touch. This is an automated reply to let you know I've got your message and will reply as soon as I can.

In the meantime, feel free to check out my profile page below, which contains information on all the services I offer, my certifications, experience, past clients, samples of my work and more.

https://www.fiverr.com/charlsmcfarlane

I look forward to talking to you soon.

Charles”

As you can see, I make it very clear that it’s automated and it just provides the potential buyer some resources to check out in the interim.

Regardless, 90% of the time, I send an actual message within a few minutes anyway.

I just think something similar could be convenient for both the buyer and seller – especially if someone places an order at 3am, my time, and it’s going to be 4+ hours until I even see it. This happens for me a ton, as I live in the UK and 90% of my clients are in the US.

So, I’d set up something like the this, for example:

”Hi. Thanks for your order. This is an automated message to let you know your order has been successful.

I’ll get in touch as soon as I’ve had the opportunity to review your order.

In the meantime, please feel free to send through any further information you think I might need. I also welcome any questions you may have on the process.

I look forward to working with you

Charles”

I think it would also be great if you could have a different automated message for a repeat buyer.

What do you think?

Edited by charlsmcfarlane
  • Like 2

I mean, since we have a quick reply and all we need to do is tap that message, I don't see them adding this. As I said, they are tracking how fast you reply on the order page too soooo... I don't think they will offer an automated reply, especially with buyers having different needs and some even asking questions. As a buyer, I would feel disrespected if all I got was an automated reply when I clearly asked something. And it does happen. That's why I use the app and open it often. The truth is, if you're a serious freelancer you already have the app and most likely use the notifications. If you barely open the app and reply to clients, an automated reply will give the illusion that the seller is responsive, which is not the case.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I mean, since we have a quick reply and all we need to do is tap that message, I don't see them adding this. As I said, they are tracking how fast you reply on the order page too soooo... I don't think they will offer an automated reply, especially with buyers having different needs and some even asking questions. As a buyer, I would feel disrespected if all I got was an automated reply when I clearly asked something. And it does happen. That's why I use the app and open it often. The truth is, if you're a serious freelancer you already have the app and most likely use the notifications. If you barely open the app and reply to clients, an automated reply will give the illusion that the seller is responsive, which is not the case.

The idea here is that the automated message would be in the order chat the second the order is placed, before a client could possibly ask a question, mainly to point them in the right direction for resources, invite questions and set the scene – especially if it's 3am for me and app notifications are going to go unread for several hours.

• Like 2

Just now, charlsmcfarlane said:

before a client could possibly ask a question,

What if the customer's brief comes with questions? Your automated reply would appear as a lack of interest. Again, my opinion. Also, you don't have to reply right away. Fiverr shows the current time for the seller, so a potential buyer sees that it's night time for you..

• Like 2