Used to get lots of orders in a week, only getting few orders now

judetonn

Question

I used to get lots of orders a couple of years ago and have completed more than 3000 orders(Logo design) here, But now I am getting only a few orders. The orders which I've been receiving are also from my old buyers(Rarely receiving orders from new sellers).

I tried to change the gig title, description and pricing.

Are there any old sellers who faced this issue and overcome it? If so, please share your views(Thank you).

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

2 answers to this question

Just now, judetonn said:

I used to get lots of orders a couple of years ago and have completed more than 3000 orders(Logo design) here, But now I am getting only a few orders. The orders which I've been receiving are also from my old buyers(Rarely receiving orders from new sellers).

I tried to change the gig title, description and pricing.

Are there any old sellers who faced this issue and overcome it? If so, please share your views(Thank you).

It's totally natural for business to go up and down on Fiverr. Remember, your success depends on your performance and how you compare to your competition. Maybe there's someone in your category who's doing better, earning more, and getting rave reviews from buyers. Or perhaps you had a bit of a slump in buyer satisfaction for some reason. If so, you're the one who has the power to turn things around.

If you have repeat buyers, you can politely ask them to fill out any surveys from Fiverr after their order is complete. Just be genuine and not pushy about it. If you consistently do a great job for your repeat buyers, they might leave awesome private feedback, which can really help you out of that slump.

Just remember, never ask for positive reviews, five-star ratings, or anything like that because it goes against the terms and guidelines.

I don't know if you're already doing this, but I personally see every order as a partnership. I'm here to help the buyer achieve their goals, not just for my own benefit.

I put time and effort into every order and always try to exceed expectations. Not only does it increase the chances of positive feedback, but it also builds strong relationships with buyers. And don't forget to keep your buyers updated throughout the process. Communication is key!

There's also the impact of AI.  Anyone can create a seemingly "pro" logo using AI nowadays, and there are plenty of tools out there. So if you're operating in the lower end of the market with lower prices, you're competing against AI that can potentially do a better or at least comparable job, and do it faster, easier, and cheaper.

If you want to secure your job in the long run, I believe it's crucial to move up-market by increasing your rates and targeting customers who genuinely value the human touch. AI is changing everything, and the low-end market is feeling the effects more than anyone else. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 10
  • Up 1

Just now, smashradio said:

It's totally natural for business to go up and down on Fiverr. Remember, your success depends on your performance and how you compare to your competition. Maybe there's someone in your category who's doing better, earning more, and getting rave reviews from buyers. Or perhaps you had a bit of a slump in buyer satisfaction for some reason. If so, you're the one who has the power to turn things around.

If you have repeat buyers, you can politely ask them to fill out any surveys from Fiverr after their order is complete. Just be genuine and not pushy about it. If you consistently do a great job for your repeat buyers, they might leave awesome private feedback, which can really help you out of that slump.

Just remember, never ask for positive reviews, five-star ratings, or anything like that because it goes against the terms and guidelines.

I don't know if you're already doing this, but I personally see every order as a partnership. I'm here to help the buyer achieve their goals, not just for my own benefit.

I put time and effort into every order and always try to exceed expectations. Not only does it increase the chances of positive feedback, but it also builds strong relationships with buyers. And don't forget to keep your buyers updated throughout the process. Communication is key!

There's also the impact of AI.  Anyone can create a seemingly "pro" logo using AI nowadays, and there are plenty of tools out there. So if you're operating in the lower end of the market with lower prices, you're competing against AI that can potentially do a better or at least comparable job, and do it faster, easier, and cheaper.

If you want to secure your job in the long run, I believe it's crucial to move up-market by increasing your rates and targeting customers who genuinely value the human touch. AI is changing everything, and the low-end market is feeling the effects more than anyone else. 

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for your thoughts on this.

• Like 7