Downturn in orders

Every year I’ve been on Fiverr, I’ve had a more successful year than the last. 2023 has been pretty tough, by comparison.

I’ve seen a slight decline in impressions but nothing substantial. It seems to just be orders.

Is this just the rising cost of living and people having less spending power, or is there something else going on?

• Like 13

I mean, there are a lot of things. Even on Fiverr, the introduction of private reviews, combined with the focus on first time buyers really pushed a lot of people back in search. And yes, some buyers choose to go the AI route.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2023 at 5:52 PM, donnovan86 said:

I mean, there are a lot of things. Even on Fiverr, the introduction of private reviews, combined with the focus on first time buyers really pushed a lot of people back in search. And yes, some buyers choose to go the AI route.

Interesting. It’s weird because I’ve had a little surge again now. Still not as much as usual but a lot more than a month ago.

I’ve always found orders come in waves personally but, at the moment, it seems the peaks are fewer and the valleys are deeper.

• Like 11

On 7/7/2023 at 10:52 PM, charlsmcfarlane said:

Every year I’ve been on Fiverr, I’ve had a more successful year than the last. 2023 has been pretty tough, by comparison.

I’ve seen a slight decline in impressions but nothing substantial. It seems to just be orders.

Is this just the rising cost of living and people having less spending power, or is there something else going on?

Keep your spirits up ! I'm also having trouble getting orders, but while facing that I prefer to hone my skills again so that when there are many orders I'm not overwhelmed 🙂

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2023 at 3:39 AM, sahhart said:

Keep your spirits up ! I'm also having trouble getting orders, but while facing that I prefer to hone my skills again so that when there are many orders I'm not overwhelmed 🙂

This is great advice, thanks!

I tend to continue to commit the same amount of time to freelancing than I normally would, even if I have no orders. So, I’ll update my portfolio, redo my gig videos etc. I guess it’s a good opportunity to do the little things that one doesn’t always have time for.

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a Lv2 seller working on Fiverr 2 years full time as a freelancer. But my freelancing career is more then 6 years.
I have successfully completed 161 projects and in my profile, I have 98 reviews. But still i am struglling to get new order. Any guide line for me?
Edited by ibrahimkhalilof
  • Like 6