If a buyer is marked as Fiverr business and ask you to post listing on realty websites, do you think this request is legit?

leveltechgeek

Question

3 answers to this question

You're at risk if they ask you to post it using your identity/name/account. Remember that you don't know if the listing is even real. Perhaps it's a fake listing. Perhaps they want someone else to take responsibility if they get caught for something. 

It doesn't matter if a buyer is a Business buyer or not. 

• Like 6
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, leveltechgeek said:

I don't know if this is legit because the buyer is marked as a Fiverr business. 

10 hours ago, smashradio said:

It doesn't matter if a buyer is a Business buyer or not. 

Anyone can easily become a business buyer by setting up a business account. Even becoming a Fiverr Select buyer (the one with the cool crown) is fairly easy, buyers only have to spend $500 and close 10 orders in 6 months. Don't judge a buyer by these badges because they have nothing to do with the quality of the buyer. Pay attention to your conversation with your buyer and if something feels off, trust your spidey senses. You can say "no" if you don't feel comfortable with an order.

• Like 6

I'm looking for a new apartment currently, and already replied to two listings that turned out to be scams, thus did some research, and apparently there are a lot of real estate scammers around. 

Even if the person asking you isn't a scammer, you'd also need to make sure that the respective platforms allow what your potential customer is asking of you - anything against a 3rd party's terms is also automatically against Fiverr's terms.

I suppose it could be legit if the person wants to hire you to outsource the tedious work of copy-pasting their own listings for actual real estate they actually own (typically, people who own too much real estate to do that themselves, have established real estate sales/rental agencies to do that, though) on the platform do that kind of thing as a personal assistant *in their own name, not yours*, but it sounds highly suspicious, I'd be very careful. And if it becomes obvious through conversation that it's a scam, I'd also report the person to Fiverr, so they can look into it.

Right now, there are many people being scammed out of their little money they dearly need to find an actual place to live right now by people listing flats that aren't their own or don't even exist, make sure you don't enable those scammers or even end up being accused of fraud subsidy. 

Again, we can't know if it's legit or not with that little info, but be very, very careful with such things. The very fact that you're here and asking probably means that you've noticed something suspicious, wether consciously or unconsciously. Don't accept any order related to this until you've made sure it's legit. 

Edited by miiila
  • Like 5