Buyer sent me an order without letting me know first

jayslater285

Question

Somebody just put in a request to buy one of my services, without asking me. Right out of the blue.

Looking through his profile, he seems sketchy. He has no profile picture, and has a lot of five star reviews that pretty much read the same, and seem bot-like. What do I do?

• Like 8
  • Congrats! 1

7 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, jayslater285 said:

Somebody just put in a request to buy one of my services, without asking me. Right out of the blue.

That's how Fiverr is designed - buyers can place instant orders.

9 minutes ago, jayslater285 said:

What do I do?

Reach out to your buyer to clarify expectations. If the buyer is able to provide all the information you need, then you can move forward with the order. If the buyer can't or requests something that you don't provide, you can cancel the order (or the buyer can cancel as "ordered by mistake"). Either way, CS should be able to adjust your order completion rate if the buyer ordered a service that you don't provide.

• Like 9
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

I guess. It's just that I've had an experience with somebody with a profile like that. He cancelled as soon as I delivered, refused to tell me why he wasn't satisfied with it, and I'm pretty sure he just wanted to copy what I wrote without paying. And this is something bigger and I don't want to work so hard and have it all be for nothing.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 1

39 minutes ago, jayslater285 said:

He has no profile picture, and has a lot of five star reviews that pretty much read the same

My best buyer has no profile picture and lots of five-star reviews that pretty much read the same.

19 minutes ago, jayslater285 said:

It's just that I've had an experience with somebody with a profile like that.

It doesn't mean that this buyer will be the same. The best thing is to talk and communicate with this buyer to find out what he wants.

21 minutes ago, jayslater285 said:

this is something bigger and I don't want to work so hard and have it all be for nothing.

If the buyer is asking for more than is in the scope of the order, you can add a gig extra to the order to cover the additional work. If the buyer doesn't accept the gig extra, then you can cancel and Fiverr should be able to adjust your order completion rate.

However, if the buyer placed a legitimate order, then you should deliver what you stated on the gig.

• Like 7
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1