No function to manage posted requests?

I can't find a link to a newly Posted Request?  I am a new user and spent time writing up and attaching files for a request and then there is no reference to it?  I don't know if it has not been submitted or what's happened?  I have a current Order in progress, which I can see, so I assume the Posted Request has not worked?  This seems like a basic function to at least show an audit of what happened, or where it is?  Confused?  

• Like 9

To clarify my original non-stating request (after using the system for 48 hours 🙂 ) ....  I think I should have put the heading as -

* Site navigation (UI) menus and "wording" needs a review and simplification/unification.

There seem to be too many side-ways into different functions, or replication of methods of getting to a function, but then there is also confusion in the interface (for me as a new Buyer at least).  Terminology needs to be locked down and then stabilised across pages and menus, etc. 

I have located the "Orders Page" (via the pop-down overlay, and selecting the small "Show All Orders" link in the bottom corner?) with the "Manage Orders" heading and orders list (for Buyers)... and I find a "Manage Requests" option in the pull-down menu, but this just goes to a create a new "Post Request" page?  There doesn't seem to be a list of my "Posted Requests" that I can find?, although I am getting initial responses from Sellers in my Inbox?   I then catch up on some reading of the various forums and see there is some history in changes of what a "project" (or Buyer's Posted Request) is now called or how it's handled... which I am understanding is now called a "Brief"?  Although this is not clearly showing in the Buyer's system menus (and I don't know if Sellers see the same system view?).  There is still the "Post a Request" menu option, "Manage Requests"... and then I see refence to "Gigs" as a term as well?

So, I think a review of site terminology is in order, and then a reworking to simplify the menu navigation and icon/word design would help bring it all together the UI experience a bit better.

Even seeing the Fiverr Community forum UI design that's strangely better as it's more contrasting and visually a stand-out, compared to the actual working site design - is odd?  The Community user menu is better, the icons display sharply... it's not logical to not be in the main site... just saying (as a new user experience).

• Like 8

Further to this, thinking that someone at Fiverr does actually read these suggestions?. 😁..  I am not a fan of the hiding the interface on the right side sort of user, but I qualify that I am also someone who prefers using a full screen computer and not so much on mobile (small) device.

That said, I think the Navigation/Menu/Icon interface for Buyers (or Sellers, if the same) should be up-front and visible, in simple top level order with exposed sub-menu items ready to go.

You could switch between Buyer & Seller mode (if that's a thing?)... and otherwise keep icons around if they relate to "word" headings (and are known as the icon usually)... but in the end, it could be more presentable as a nav design.   I have attached a sample idea.

On mobile, maybe the menus are shifted down the page, but perhaps don't put into "hamburger" 3-bar icon, just keep them listed as it's handy to get to different items quickly?

FiverrNavExample.jpg

• Like 8

This may be common knowledge, but I'm just posting an update on a new Buyer's experience learning the UI process (on desktop computer) of a "Posted Request" ("Brief"?).  After my first request and and handful of responses from sellers, I noticed several had a "link" in their proposal message referencing to my "Brief" (which I wasn't shown or can't see on my login interface menu).  It takes me to a page -  https://www.fiverr.com/briefs/64-IAssumeThisIsTheBriefCode-e3d44?source=inbox   << No, that's not a real link.
On the page I see the seller responses, which is helpful (I guess)... but I don't see much else.  Then I noticed the 3 dots ("more") icon to the top right... which when I select, a single option of "Show Brief" appears. I select and a pop window shows the text and posted info for the Brief - with no controls or options within.

I can't do anything with it, like close it, delete it, confirm it is completed, etc.... it's just a Brief in-time and I guess as the work is converted (or started) with an Order between Seller and Buyer it becomes non-required?   It doesn't show who secured the work or provide me any links back to this page from my own Buyer's interface.
I think it's a real weak UI / Operational outcome for what is supposedly going to start off some bidding between Sellers for a Buyer and there's no simple process, to go to the Brief page (for example) and select "Send message to Sellers who did not get the Gig!"... which would send out a notice to all saying they weren't successful.  I in the end, had to go through my Inbox and work out which were those that answered their auto-request (from Fiverr, about the Request) and then send them a Decline (actual button for those using the inline Offer option), or just a message to those that just messaged me about their ability to do the work.

The Brief (Posted Request) should be a central UI function to then tie in all the correspondence and activity with that brief.  When you award the work to someone it should be linked to the Brief, and your conversation about that particular work/order should be able to be separated out from your Inbox and Order and presented in a concise history for that job.

Needs some work from Fiverr developers to make it simpler for Buyer.

NOTE : I'm getting snarky now 😒.....  but perhaps Fiverr can consult some developers on Fiverr about creating a working group of site developer contributors, who if not getting paid, get "Ranking" credits or something towards their profile - to work on site features?  

Edited by kram_mark
  • Like 8

Hey, welcome to the Fiverr forums. There's a fair bit to address in your posts, but I wanted to provide an answer to at least a few things.

The forum being a better UX than the main site is partially due to it being hosted externally. If you scroll to the foot of any page it says "Powered by Invision Community". So, basically, the forums aren't designed by Fiverr. 

As for Fiverr staff being present on the forums, there are a few who visit, but they mainly deal with flags and spam reports. Every once in a while there will be a thread open that specifically asks the community for feedback on a thing, which it the best time to have a chance to draw attention to an issue. They tend to pay more attention to topics with a LOT of community backing, but even then it's iffy. 

That said, imho, you do have some interesting points. We don't see many Buyer-only members on the forum, so it's nice to get insight that's not the same-old, same-old. 

• Like 8
  • Up 1

Hey, jumping over here to your topic, since my reply is a bit off-topic for that thread.

On 6/22/2023 at 3:27 AM, kram_mark said:

reading between the lines, I will save my energy in trying to make change suggestions for the site (which can sometimes be helpful as a new "raw" user). 

Ooph, I didn't mean to come across that way.

Letting the community know your thoughts is great, because 1) it let's us get to know you, 2) it lets us see a perspective we might not have considered, 3) we can help you if the 'thing' is something that's been brought up before by linking other resources (more voices on an issue, aka squeeky wheel gets the grease), 4) the community is sometimes faster than Fiverr Support if an issue is urgent, and 5) while Fiverr might not be listening, other regular users and members of the forum community are, and some of them do have connections. 

Edited by imagination7413
  • Like 10
  • Up 1

• 8 months later...

I am running into the exact same problem.

I submitted a Request about an hour ago, but I cannot find it anywhere, nor have I received any reactions to it.

I posted the same project on one of your competitor's websites (that I won't mention by name), and within seconds I had reactions, bids, chats, etc.

I only see "Orders" (empty) and the option to go to "Fiverr Pro".

Where is my Request, did it accidentally disappear, does it require approval... what's going on?

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, bert_d6318 said:

I am running into the exact same problem.

I submitted a Request about an hour ago, but I cannot find it anywhere, nor have I received any reactions to it.

I posted the same project on one of your competitor's websites (that I won't mention by name), and within seconds I had reactions, bids, chats, etc.

I only see "Orders" (empty) and the option to go to "Fiverr Pro".

Where is my Request, did it accidentally disappear, does it require approval... what's going on?

I see that, apparently, it is called a "Brief", and it only exists as a Notification.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bert_d6318 said:

I see that, apparently, it is called a "Brief", and it only exists as a Notification.

And, as it turns out, it's impossible to give other users a link to these Briefs (Requests).

The reason is that, as I wrote, these Briefs exist only in your personal Notifications area.

As a result, you have to manually copy-paste all the information in private chats with potential candidates.

Then, if you find someone who is willing to do the job, you must ask them to create a custom offer that you can then accept.

(Since they cannot accept your request, because it's in your notifications inbox only.)

I'm flabbergasted that this process is so user-unfriendly, particularly given the revenue of this online marketplace, and its launch year.

Am I completely overlooking something obvious here that makes it all much easier, or what?

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...