Is sharing email to client for discussing an order in Fiverr against the terms and conditions?

weirdo_fy

Question

Hello there! I'm a new seller here. Today a buyer messaged me to discuss something about his/her requirements, and he/she wants to discuss it via Google Call and asked for my e-mail for it, so is it allowed to share email for discussing an order on Fiverr? 

Edited by weirdo_fy
  • Like 10

7 answers to this question

1 minute ago, weirdo_fy said:

Hello there! I'm a new seller here. Today a buyer messaged me to discuss something about its requirements, and he/she wants to discuss it via Google Call and asking my e-mail for it, so is it allowed to share email for discussing an order on Fiverr? 

Why are you agreeing for chat in email? Fiverr has message option and video call option. Just tell this your buyer.

• Like 9
  • Up 2

Just now, sandyroseus1 said:

Why are you agreeing for chat in email? Fiverr has message option and video call option. Just tell this your buyer.

I'm not agreeing for chatting in email, I was just not sure or aware of some things so I just asked.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, weirdo_fy said:

he/she wants to discuss it via Google Call and asked for my e-mail for it, so is it allowed to share email for discussing an order on Fiverr? 

This is against Fiverr's ToS. As @sandyroseus1 mentioned, buyers can always chat with us in the inbox about their order requirements. If necessary, we can even use Fiverr's Zoom feature to discuss it over a video call. There's no reason for taking the conversation off the platform. Sometimes buyers will ask to move the conversation off the platform but they are usually okay with chatting in the inbox when I explain that it's against Fiverr's ToS to do so.

• Like 11

Just now, vickieito said:

This is against Fiverr's ToS. As @sandyroseus1 mentioned, buyers can always chat with us in the inbox about their order requirements. If necessary, we can even use Fiverr's Zoom feature to discuss it over a video call. There's no reason for taking the conversation off the platform. Sometimes buyers will ask to move the conversation off the platform but they are usually okay with chatting in the inbox when I explain that it's against Fiverr's ToS to do so.

Okay! Thank you so much for this.

• Like 9

20 hours ago, weirdo_fy said:

Hello there! I'm a new seller here. Today a buyer messaged me to discuss something about his/her requirements, and he/she wants to discuss it via Google Call and asked for my e-mail for it, so is it allowed to share email for discussing an order on Fiverr? 

This is Fiverr against.. Fiverr have chat option, you can use it.

• Like 6