How do I conduct a tutoring session?

markmckay495

Question

I've been using Fiverr to do some orders for clients over the past two months.  Today I just tried my first tutoring session.  I scheduled it on Fiverr and conducted it over zoom.  I think my client  was happy, but the order is still listed as in progress.  I cannot find any information about how tutoring is supposed to be set up on Fiverr or how to bill for it.  Did I do something wrong, and if so, how should I set up tutoring sesions in the future?

Edited by markmckay495
Spelling
  • Like 10
  • Up 1

5 answers to this question

Hi @markmckay495,

If you created an order and shared a Zoom link in the order chats, when you are finished with the tutoring session, you can write a summary of the session and deliver the order with the summary attached. The buyer will have a chance to review the delivery and the order will either be closed by the buyer, or auto-closed after three days. After the order closes, the funds will go through the normal clearance period before showing up in your Earnings.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, markmckay495 said:

Using the use the orders system to do this seems awkward.  How do most sellers go about doing a tutoring session on Fiverr?

1 hour ago, joyh97 said:

Fiverr doesn't have any other systems than the order system.

When I meet with my business coach on Fiverr, we set up the appointment via Appointlet, and then we have our session via the Zoom link in the order chat.

If you want to get paid, then you have to use the order system (which protects both buyer and seller in the transaction). Otherwise, it's a free session.

• Like 8

Conducting a tutoring session involves several key steps to ensure effective communication and learning. Here's a short paragraph summarizing the process:

1. Prepare: Familiarize yourself with the subject matter and gather any necessary materials or resources. Understand the student's needs and goals to tailor your approach accordingly.

2. Establish rapport: Begin the session by creating a friendly and supportive environment. Build rapport with the student to foster a positive learning atmosphere and encourage open communication.

3. Assess and identify gaps: Evaluate the student's existing knowledge and identify areas where they require assistance. Ask questions or conduct a brief review to gauge their understanding and pinpoint specific areas of weakness.

4. Set objectives: Collaborate with the student to establish clear learning objectives for the session. Define what they hope to achieve and outline the topics or skills you will cover together.

5. Plan and deliver instruction: Break down complex concepts into smaller, manageable parts. Use various teaching strategies, such as explaining, demonstrating, or providing examples. Adapt your approach based on the student's learning style and pace.

6. Encourage participation: Engage the student by asking questions, encouraging them to think critically, and actively participate in the learning process. Provide guidance and constructive feedback to help them improve.

7. Practice and review: Offer opportunities for the student to practice what they have learned. Provide exercises, worksheets, or hands-on activities to reinforce their understanding. Review the material periodically to ensure retention.

8. Adapt and adjust: Continuously monitor the student's progress and adapt your teaching methods accordingly. Modify your approach if the student is struggling or progressing rapidly to optimize their learning experience.

9. Summarize and provide feedback: Recap the main points covered in the session and summarize the student's achievements. Offer constructive feedback on their performance and provide recommendations for further improvement.

10. Wrap up and plan for the next session: Conclude the session by answering any remaining questions and ensuring the student feels confident with the material covered. Discuss the next steps and schedule the next tutoring session if needed.

Remember, each tutoring session should be tailored to the student's specific needs and learning style, and the above steps can serve as a general guide to facilitate effective learning.

• Like 8