Buyer Asking for Revisions After Completion

jenspeck

Question

I'm having an issue with a repeat buyer, in which she placed an order, I completed the order, she accepted the order, left a 5-star review and placed additional orders, which have been completed, accepted and reviewed at high levels. 

Now, two months later, she is contacting me to let me know that she has questions about my work and would like revisions. She has not officially requested revisions, but she has messaged me to let me know they are coming. When I created the gig, I did not include revisions. 

Is this a thing buyers can do? Am I obligated to provide revisions, more than two months after she accepted, reviewed, and the order was marked as complete? 

• Like 9
  • Congrats! 1

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, jenspeck said:

Is this a thing buyers can do? Am I obligated to provide revisions, more than two months after she accepted, reviewed, and the order was marked as complete? 

You are missing the best opportunity you have to drive additional revenue. If revisions were not included in the original orders, and she wants revisions, that is 100% a selling opportunity.  My gigs do not include revisions, and whenever I am asked for a revision my response is always, "Of course, send me what needs to be revised and I'll send you an offer."  

It is a customer coming back to you for more work. 

• Like 11
  • Up 3

I'm having an issue with a repeat buyer, in which she placed an order, I completed the order, she accepted the order, left a 5-star review and placed additional orders, which have been completed, accepted and reviewed at high levels. 

Now, two months later, she is contacting me to let me know that she has questions about my work and would like revisions. She has not officially requested revisions, but she has messaged me to let me know they are coming. When I created the gig, I did not include revisions. 

Always available for your repeated buyers in the inbox whether it's revisions or some questions so that they will trust you even if they mark the order as completed or the order has automatically been marked as completed.

• Like 7

She has not officially requested revisions, but she has messaged me to let me know they are coming.

I see you are a proofreader like me. I offer only one revision per order, and in my FAQs, I have what a revision is defined. If I get asked for a revision, this is the quick response I send to the buyer. 

Here is the text for what a revision is, as stated in the FAQs of the gig you purchased. 

"A revision is to fix a mistake I've made. For example, if I miss a grammar, capitalization, or punctuation error, these will be corrected at no charge. However, if you want to have sentences you have added to the text or otherwise changed, you will be billed for a gig extra."

I have had a few buyers who have changed the text and want me to proofread it; I follow @newsmike's advice. I even have a QR for it too. 😊

• Like 12