Seeking Insights: Level 2 Seller Facing Unexplained Decline in Gig Performance

mrs_graphics

Hello My Dear Seniors, 

If you have any relevant experience or insights, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it. As a Level 2 seller on Fiverr, I encountered an unexpected issue in December 2022. Despite six months passing, my gig remains unqualified and hasn't regained its previous status. Remarkably, there have been no cancellations or late deliveries, and my gig continues to receive 5-star reviews, tips, and repeat orders. However, it lost all promoted features and plummeted to the last page for all keywords. Surprisingly, it is no longer visible in the Fiverr search bar.

I diligently contacted customer support, who assured me that my gig and account were in good standing, with no violations of the Terms of Service. It remains perplexing why my gig suddenly faced such a decline, as if it were deemed inadequate.

If you have experienced a similar situation and have insights on how or when this issue can be resolved, I would be grateful to hear about your experiences.

Thank you for your assistance, and I genuinely appreciate any help you can provide!

• Like 9

3 hours ago, mrs_graphics said:

Hello My Dear Seniors, 

If you have any relevant experience or insights, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it. As a Level 2 seller on Fiverr, I encountered an unexpected issue in December 2022. Despite six months passing, my gig remains unqualified and hasn't regained its previous status. Remarkably, there have been no cancellations or late deliveries, and my gig continues to receive 5-star reviews, tips, and repeat orders. However, it lost all promoted features and plummeted to the last page for all keywords. Surprisingly, it is no longer visible in the Fiverr search bar.

I diligently contacted customer support, who assured me that my gig and account were in good standing, with no violations of the Terms of Service. It remains perplexing why my gig suddenly faced such a decline, as if it were deemed inadequate.

If you have experienced a similar situation and have insights on how or when this issue can be resolved, I would be grateful to hear about your experiences.

Thank you for your assistance, and I genuinely appreciate any help you can provide!

It sounds like you received negative private feedback. Support can't share this with you, but losing access to promoted gigs while also experiencing a slump like this, is often the result of someone leaving negative private feedback. This is different from your public star ratings, in that the feedback is anonymous and only shared with Fiverr. 

The best you can do is to keep working with your repeat buyers and any new ones that come along, but make sure you impress the hell out of them. Try to under-promise and over-deliver, deliver early, put more effort into your projects, keep your buyers updated along the way, be exceptionally polite and helpful during all communication with your buyers, and of course: always be 100% honest about your skills. Don't take on projects that might be a bad fit for your skills. Be careful when working with buyers who are abrupt or impolite. 

Doing this will hopefully help you get that buyer satisfaction back up. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 7
  • Up 6

3 hours ago, smashradio said:

It sounds like you received negative private feedback. Support can't share this with you, but losing access to promoted gigs while also experiencing a slump like this, is often the result of someone leaving negative private feedback. This is different from your public star ratings, in that the feedback is anonymous and only shared with Fiverr. 

The best you can do is to keep working with your repeat buyers and any new ones that come along, but make sure you impress the hell out of them. Try to under-promise and over-deliver, deliver early, put more effort into your projects, keep your buyers updated along the way, be exceptionally polite and helpful during all communication with your buyers, and of course: always be 100% honest about your skills. Don't take on projects that might be a bad fit for your skills. Be careful when working with buyers who are abrupt or impolite. 

Doing this will hopefully help you get that buyer satisfaction back up. 

So if someone was happy with your service, they could still add negative private feedback still? just wondering 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, yungcazzy said:

So if someone was happy with your service, they could still add negative private feedback still? just wondering 

Some buyers do not want to provide negative public feedback because they may fear retribution. A few days ago, a seller told a spammer he would report the spammer for spamming his inbox. So the spammer threatened to get his buddies to make false statements to Fiverr about the seller. 

Whatever the reason, some buyers will leave poor private feedback despite leaving excellent public feedback. 

• Like 6
  • Up 1

42 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Whatever the reason, some buyers will leave poor private feedback despite leaving excellent public feedback. 

This is so frightening because even if communication went well, delivery was OK; private feedback might be unexpected.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

11 hours ago, mrs_graphics said:

Despite six months passing, my gig remains unqualified and hasn't regained its previous status. Remarkably, there have been no cancellations or late deliveries, and my gig continues to receive 5-star reviews, tips, and repeat orders.

That is not what I see.......

image.png.42c325d75fc0f6284fffc69a29d030b7.png

11 hours ago, mrs_graphics said:

I encountered an unexpected issue in December 2022.

I assume that this was the reason

image.png.596fb4698b044a8183c4592324a72beb.png

My conclusion is that the 2-star review is damaging your account.

And probably another blow was given a few months later with the 3-star review.

This combined with 1 or more bad private reviews is creating the issues that you have.

• Like 6
  • Up 5

13 hours ago, yungcazzy said:

Yes, but why would they if they are happy with your service? There's a difference between giving someone five stars and being happy with something. I think many buyers are just afraid of being honest out in public. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, michmikaia said:

I would say, hypocrite. Because, in my opinion, an honest person will not give something too different with positive public feedback and negative private feedback.

If that person also left a five-star rating, yes, but you didn't say that; you said if communication went well and delivery was ok.

50% of my buyers never leave a public review, but I have to assume that the communication went well and delivery was OK anyway, so it's not a given that everyone leaves a public review: yet I'm pretty sure many of them leave a private review, especially new buyers.

It gets old being asked the same questions repeatedly with constant reminders when you buy something often, and Fiverr is extreme in this sense. I made one order last week. So far, I've gotten two notifications asking me to review, plus two separate e-mails starting with "[ACTION REQUESTED]" to push me into leaving a private review.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

• 2 months later...

I was faced with a similar situation. Gig is losing the number of views for unknown reasons. My question is this. Suppose a regular client writes public five-star reviews and anonymous bad ones with the goal of working with me at a low price. In this case I would stop working with him, but how do I check this?

• Like 3