How fiverr revisions actually worked?

I might be new to this platform, but I still don't get how the gigs revisions worked; I never offer any revision unless they pay me $10 per tweak in my gigs, I did this because my services were always delivering good results and most of my loyal clients in and outside Fiverr loves them. But I got a few clients that could ask for revisions again and again like 2-3 times without paying me shit lately. Like, where's my $10 for each revision? Does the buyer get unlimited revision benefits without any fee? I need some explanations here.

dipshituselessfeatures.jpg.1c1778154a90dd6958433f46de5263a7.jpgdipshituselessfeaturesaswell.jpg.468f4fdfda929f1fb476045244fe456c.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, senselessprod said:

I might be new to this platform, but I still don't get how the gigs revisions worked; I never offer any revision unless they pay me $10 per tweak in my gigs, I did this because my services were always delivering good results and most of my loyal clients in and outside Fiverr loves them. But I got a few clients that could ask for revisions again and again like 2-3 times without paying me shit lately. Like, where's my $10 for each revision? Does the buyer get unlimited revision benefits without any fee? I need some explanations here.

dipshituselessfeaturesaswell.jpg.468f4fdfda929f1fb476045244fe456c.jpg

Unfortunately, the buyer can technically ask for as many revisions as they want. This has always been a problem on Fiverr, and one that should be fixed. So far, our requests for this have been ignored, and I suspect they will continue to be ignored. 

The best you can do is to manage expectations before the order begins, make it very clear that you charge for any and all tweaks, and that your policy in regards to this is non-negotiable. Remember, it's up to you, not them. If the deal is 10 bucks per revision, you should simply send a custom extra for 10 bucks and explain why. 

Whenever a buyer asks me for a revision beyond the included ones, I use my quick response + custom order extra feature: 

"Hi, {username} - or first name if you have it. 

I hope you're doing well. Thank you for your feedback! Your attention to detail is much appreciated, and I'm eager to get started on your revision request. However, it exceeds the scope of our initial order. Each order comes with one free revision as standard. This is your (insert revision request number) revision. I'm more than happy to fulfill your requests, but please note that additional charges apply. You can purchase the additional revision from this message. Once done, I'll promptly get started. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

All the best,

Leo"

By the way, here's my quick response if the buyer is asking for work outside of the scope of your original order that would not be considered a revision, just in case it's useful to other sellers who offer free revisions: 

I hope you're doing well. I've received your request for X. It appears the tasks proposed go beyond the initial scope of this order. I absolutely understand your need for X, and I'd be happy to help! However, considering the added time, effort and resources involved, this cannot be considered a revision, but a change in scope. Please check out the extra in this message. Once processed, I'll promptly get started. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

All the best,

Leo"

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 7
  • Up 1

8 hours ago, senselessprod said:

But I got a few clients that could ask for revisions again and again like 2-3 times without paying me

You are looking at it wrong. They can ask, and you reply, "Of course, that will be just $25", or whatever you need to charge.  Just like in a restaurant, you can keep asking for whatever you want, and they are happy to bring it, and it goes on the bill.  It is just an opportunity to sell the revision, but most people here are for some reason that I don't understand, afraid to charge for it. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, newsmike said:

You are looking at it wrong. They can ask, and you reply, "Of course, that will be just $25", or whatever you need to charge.  Just like in a restaurant, you can keep asking for whatever you want, and they are happy to bring it, and it goes on the bill.  It is just an opportunity to sell the revision, but most people here are for some reason that I don't understand, afraid to charge for it. 

100% agree. Sellers are on here every day complaining about buyers demanding free work. But in the end, you're the one doing the work. You can choose to charge for it, or you can choose to let the buyer push you around. It's up to you. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, smashradio said:

100% agree. Sellers are on here every day complaining about buyers demanding free work. But in the end, you're the one doing the work. You can choose to charge for it, or you can choose to let the buyer push you around. It's up to you. 

I think it stems from a fear of asking because of the possibility of a bad review, which is why of course, every restaurant gives you all the free food you want, NOT.  Once you free yourself from fear of a bad review and start acting like a real business it makes all the difference. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 9

Just now, newsmike said:

I think it stems from a fear of asking because of the possibility of a bad review, which is why of course, every restaurant gives you all the free food you want NOT.  Once you free yourself from fear of a bad review and start acting like a real business it makes all the difference. 

Indeed. I've had a single (one, uno, eins) bad review (out of more than 1000 reviews) because I refused to work for free. It didn't ruin me. Giving in to bullies on the other hand, would have taken me out of business a long time ago. 

• Like 7

Just now, smashradio said:

Giving in to bullies on the other hand, would have taken me out of business a long time ago. 

Plus it is a miserable mindset, that allows you to be taken advantage of out of fear. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 7

Just now, newsmike said:

Plus it is a miserable mindset, that allows you to be taken advantage out of fear. 

And it's funny... Most sellers suffering from feedbackophobia seem to treat Fiverr as a side hustle (based on their gig quality and profiles) yet they have this irrational fear of a negative review. To be clear: I'm not talking about the OP, as I haven't checked out their profile. 

• Like 7

Buyers can request as many revisions as they'd like, regardless of the number of revisions you've mentioned in your packages. The number of revisions you offer may not always be noticed by buyers, and they may continue to request revisions until you let them know that all the included revisions have been used up.

For example; If you have mentioned two revisions in the package, just inform your buyer that they've already used the two revisions and that the third one would cost them extra.

Here's what I do. When I deliver my order, along with the rest of the delivery message, I write the following, "As part of your order, you are entitled to 3 rounds of free visual revisions, so feel free to request any changes and adjustments you feel are needed."

When I deliver the revised order, I change "…you are entitled to 3 rounds…" to "…you are entitled to 2 out of 3 rounds…"  and so on.

My buyers are always aware of the number of revisions included with their order. I've never had a buyer request more than 3 revisions, and when someone does need an additional revision, they very politely ask for another revision or ask me how much an additional revision would cost.

• Like 9

On 5/31/2023 at 5:45 AM, newsmike said:

It's not about me afraid or not. As I stated that I'm new to this platform, and I didn't know that buyer can ask for some revisions without paying some $$$ and it sucks. I think we can sum up that it's quite impossible to ask this corrupt platform to fix the bug, and the only thing I can do is to do what you guys advise above; by asking $10 for every revision as I want it to go without depending on how the system works... and leave the shit out if they didn't want to

Thanks for the help, may you guys have a good day 🫡

• Like 4

1 hour ago, senselessprod said:

I didn't know that buyer can ask for some revisions without paying some $$$ and it sucks.

They can't.  It is up to you to be a businessman and sell them. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 5
  • Up 1

On 5/30/2023 at 5:36 PM, smashradio said:

Unfortunately, the buyer can technically ask for as many revisions as they want. This has always been a problem on Fiverr, and one that should be fixed. So far, our requests for this have been ignored, and I suspect they will continue to be ignored. 

The best you can do is to manage expectations before the order begins, make it very clear that you charge for any and all tweaks, and that your policy in regards to this is non-negotiable. Remember, it's up to you, not them. If the deal is 10 bucks per revision, you should simply send a custom extra for 10 bucks and explain why. 

Whenever a buyer asks me for a revision beyond the included ones, I use my quick response + custom order extra feature: 

I hope you're doing well. Thank you for your feedback! Your attention to detail is much appreciated, and I'm eager to get started on your revision request. However, it exceeds the scope of our initial order. Each order comes with one free revision as standard. This is your (insert revision request number) revision. I'm more than happy to fulfill your requests, but please note that additional charges apply. You can purchase the additional revision from this message. Once done, I'll promptly get started. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

All the best,

Leo"

By the way, here's my quick response if the buyer is asking for work outside of the scope of your original order that would not be considered a revision, just in case it's useful to other sellers who offer free revisions: 

I hope you're doing well. I've received your request for X. It appears the tasks proposed go beyond the initial scope of this order. I absolutely understand your need for X, and I'd be happy to help! However, considering the added time, effort and resources involved, this cannot be considered a revision, but a change in scope. Please check out the extra in this message. Once processed, I'll promptly get started. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

All the best,

Leo"

Thank you very much for the insights and examples of how to handle buyers. It really helps us, new sellers, out!

• Like 3