Google Docs or Sheets shortern

eunusk87

Question

Hi,

I work on SEO. Always I have to need a details report buyers. I use google sheets for this issue, but it has too long . Can this docs or sheet URL shorten? like: bitly, cuttly 

Also, I can use this URL to sample my gig? I see some sellers use this shortened URL for sample work for their gig.

How Rules Fiverr Shorten URLs in Use?

Thank you, 

• Like 5

4 answers to this question

9 hours ago, eunusk87 said:

Can this docs or sheet URL shorten? like: bitly, cuttly 

Although it's not explicitly forbidden on the main Fiverr platform, most people on the internet are suspicious of short-links, because they can go literally anywhere. Such links must also use the order page, not the main chat. 

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011421218-Gig-policies

If your Google Doc or Sheet link is longer than the address bar, you should be able to get a shorter version via:

File > Share > Share with others > Copy link

image.png.fa528200e3253a6aadfa5a45dc12d4ce.png

---

image.png.d99e7a8b1116500b4ab85e51b8d2a5bf.png

image.png.b81d6fc497e6c5f43755d7b110d3bc83.png

Just be sure you have the permissions set correctly. 

(Also, short-links are not permitted here in the forums.)

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

Although it's not explicitly forbidden on the main Fiverr platform, most people on the internet are suspicious of short-links, because they can go literally anywhere. Such links must also use the order page, not the main chat. 

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011421218-Gig-policies

If your Google Doc or Sheet link is longer than the address bar, you should be able to get a shorter version via:

Just be sure you have the permissions set correctly. 

(Also, short-links are not permitted here in the forums.)

Thank you for your valuable information, 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, imagination7413 said:

Although it's not explicitly forbidden on the main Fiverr platform,

Though since there's no shortened link URL (ie. of a site that offers URL shortening) listed in the list of approved URLs (at https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011421218-Gig-policies?segment=seller ) and it says "If you use a URL in your Gig, which is not in the above list, your Gig may be denied" wouldn't that technically mean they're not really allowed on the main site in gig descriptions?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Though since there's no shortened link URL listed in the list of allowed URLs and it says "If you use a URL in your Gig, which is not in the above list, your Gig may be denied" wouldn't that technically mean they're not really allowed on the main site in gig descriptions?

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sounds like OP is using the Google form in a 'Mandatory Questions' way. That's why I elaborated and mentioned that it needs to be in the order page. 

@OP, if I did read your question incorrectly, then yes, uk1000 is correct: it's a good practice to take the "better safe than sorry" approach. Absolutely NO non-permitted links outside the order page. 

Edited by imagination7413
  • Like 6
  • Up 1