Has anyone ever been able to jump start a deranked gig

shahzaibahmed_5

Hey,

I'm an experienced YouTube script writer and have worked on fiverr for more than a year now. Everything was going well and then suddenly the gig started going downhill. You know the drill. Impressions drop, clicks decrease and ultimately, the gig vanishes from the search. Can neither promote nor join Seller plus and its been more than five months like this. Fiverr provided a cropped screenshot of my gig in search but I am unable to get to it no matter how many filters I use. Impressions everyday are close to 10.

Now what I think could have been the cause is maybe another seller(who happens to have the same niche) left me a bad private review to derank my account. There is no bad public review though.

So what I am now asking you guys are two things

1. I have received multiple positive reviews after being deranked and still there is no improvement. So, if any of you have ever encountered this situation, kindly tell me, is there any way to recover? Or am I better off spending my time elsewhere?

2. Should I tell fiverr about the guy I think is destroying people's account? The guy worked with me many times and always gave five stars. He also always appreciated my work in the inbox.  Now, he is working with many other people too and I think is doing the same to them.

This is the gig.

https://www.fiverr.com/s2/6e0e5e3722

Looking forward to any kind of help I can get. (Note that I have already tried promoting my gig on social media)

Edited by shahzaibahmed_5
  • Like 4

As @vickiespencer said, negative private reviews will tank a gig for at least a month. I had this a few months back even though the public reviews were all 5-star. I'm not sure how bad a private review needs to be, or if it's just needs to be less than perfect, but it hits a gig hard. You can use this time to do any gig "clean-up" and improvements if you feel they need some maintenance, otherwise just ride it out. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1

14 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

I'm not sure how bad a private review needs to be

I think Frank mentioned, and I can only assume it's rather accurate, if the buyer rates most things less than average, or the equivalent of a public 2.7 rating, the review is seen as bad/negative. 

• Like 2
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, leannelrivers said:

Well, at least it's not a 4.7 that does it. 🙂 

Yeah, either the buyer has to be very vindictive or the work provided must be really really bad to receive a bad private review. Unfortunately it does happen...

• Like 4

15 hours ago, leannelrivers said:

As @vickiespencer said, negative private reviews will tank a gig for at least a month. I had this a few months back even though the public reviews were all 5-star. I'm not sure how bad a private review needs to be, or if it's just needs to be less than perfect, but it hits a gig hard. You can use this time to do any gig "clean-up" and improvements if you feel they need some maintenance, otherwise just ride it out. 

But did your gig vanish in the first place?

• Like 1