Request to order feature

ozan_erdi

Hey everybody!

I noticed some time ago there is a new feature in gig editing called "Request to order instead of instant order"

Which i must say, i love it. I havent started to use this yet. 

Anyone have been using it? Do buyers find it repellent? How was your experience?

Thank you!

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, followthefundev said:

For buyers? Where?

It's a feature for sellers; they can choose to make their gigs unavailable for direct orders (could be just at certain times, or for new buyers only, or for all), and the buyer has to contact them first. The order would then go through a custom offer, if the buyer and the seller reach an agreement.

If, on some gigs, you see a green button stating "Request to order" instead of "Order now", that's it.

• Like 7

Oh ok cool! I always contact sellers first anyway. I think this is a good thing, I found it a bit crazy you could 'trap' a seller into completing your order.

I thought you were saying we could now 'request custom offers' from sellers, in the same way they can offer custom orders to buyers

• Like 7

1 hour ago, followthefundev said:

I thought you were saying we could now 'request custom offers' from sellers

You can, if they have that feature turned on (that's a different feature from request to order, and I think it's available to all sellers who wish to use it).

But even if they don't have it on, you can simply message them and ask them for a custom offer.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, catwriter said:

you can simply message them and ask them for a custom offer.

That's what I do anyway - but I usually have to ask them to disable the order requirements, otherwise I have to waste time filling out a big form with mandatory image fields and prompts etc. 

• Like 4